Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 9 of 60Next
Alexander Bell wrote:
portal2tenacious wrote:
r2range wrote:
Good Work on this so far, i was thinking cant you make a simple map with all the stuff you put into it like doors and more what doesnt fit on the panel

You mean so you can just copy it around? Like the regular observation room, but copyable?

Un related to this... but wtf is with your name's color... and why are you being called "too dumb to live"? lol

Related to this...

Please add a script that crashes your game and corrupts your files if you chain 8+ faith plates :lol:

Damn, I'm too dumb to live too...

Msleeper hates us. This is the msleeper hates me user-rank. Masterlagger has it too.

Big Mood

Sigh. It's not really about hate. I just want to make sure that people know to avoid any information or advice given by certain individuals. It's just a coincidence that I don't like any of you, though for very different reasons.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
Sigh. It's not really about hate. I just want to make sure that people know to avoid any information or advice given by certain individuals. It's just a coincidence that I don't like any of you, though for very different reasons.

Just out of curiosity, how many users have this rank. Just Masterlagger, Alexander bell, and I? Or are there others that "aren't good enough to help" that I'm not seeing?

Big Mood
portal2tenacious wrote:
r2range wrote:
Good Work on this so far, i was thinking cant you make a simple map with all the stuff you put into it like doors and more what doesnt fit on the panel

You mean so you can just copy it around? Like the regular observation room, but copyable?

Correct :thumbup:

r2range wrote:
portal2tenacious wrote:
r2range wrote:

Correct :thumbup:

I have no idea what you are talking about.
I could make a 2 voxel sized observation room like there is, and it would be copy-able, but I wont
there is not enough room on the palette

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

what i ment was add new stuff to your palette add all the new objects into a map and release the map so everyone can copy or use that object. Would that be possible :-D

r2range wrote:
what i ment was add new stuff to your palette add all the new objects into a map and release the map so everyone can copy or use that object. Would that be possible :-D

I think I see someone who who is "Too dumb to live"

You can't copy items from a PTI map to another PTI map... have you even ever used the PTI?

Alexander Bell wrote:
r2range wrote:

You can't copy items from a PTI map to another PTI map... have you even ever used the PTI?

But all PeTI maps start with a template. What if the default template map had items that weren't on the pallet, but could be copied around. Of course if you delete it, it's gone forever...

Big Mood
portal2tenacious wrote:
Alexander Bell wrote:
r2range wrote:

But all PeTI maps start with a template. What if the default template map had items that weren't on the pallet, but could be copied around. Of course if you delete it, it's gone forever...

THAT is a good version of the idea (I thought of that but didn't suggest it). What if they weren't deletable, but

1: in a chunk of map that is 2 squares outside the limits of the PTI (you can see it, but it will only block crushers and the entrance/exit doors)

and

2: the entities within are killed on map spawn (or on compile?)

Oh, and btw ben/shadow, why not make it eliminate the 1750 limit and add in the 2048 limit?

One more thing

Why not get rid of the warm light strip in favor of something better? Anyone with half a brain cell and Hammer who wanted contrasted lighting could use obs rooms and edit the light strip's instance themselves....

Maybe it could be replaced with cameras? Or stairs! Stairs are getting removed by the drawbridge, aren't they? They're a real puzzle element...

I don't think you can change the template, unfortunately. But a separate program COULD generate "empty" maps for you with utility stuff to copy around.

Technically, an item would work in a map if it were in the editoritems file, even if it were not on the palette. That's why we can have itemdroppers and observation rooms.

That's a good idea. If Ben's willing, I can write a short C++ program using that excellent .P2C library (insert username here...sorry) wrote, to generate default puzzles or re-add-in those elements.

Falsi sumus crusto!
PreviousPage 9 of 60Next