Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 10 of 60Next

I see what you're saying and I considered it a while ago, however right now I'm not even done with the previously listed elements. they need to be polished first, in the future I could so something like that. right now, I need to finish the 1.0

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

You know what would be really cool for 2.0? Simple neurotoxin ("simple" meaning it's just the normal neurotoxin setup [timer, some kind of triggermabob] and a green tinted pipe coming out of the ceiling with an info_particle_system. And yes, there are models for green neurotoxin pipes like the PDV pipes in the game)

Could be good for timed puzzles, if it could be turned on by a trigger (not buttons) and turned off by a button...

*cough* Nice new status, Alex. :lol:

I could make that, if you want, once I'm done with the contest. Things like the vents would be fairly complex in the PTI, but neurotoxin would be simple. I could even let you have a counter for how long it would go.

It could also be started by a button, if the button opened a starting door, for example.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:

I could make that, if you want, once I'm done with the contest. Things like the vents would be fairly complex in the PTI, but neurotoxin would be simple. I could even let you have a counter for how long it would go.

It could also be started by a button, if the button opened a starting door, for example.

It took you that long to notice the "moron designed to make you an idiot" status? :lol:

Its probably (ok, definitely) me being weird that makes me think neurotoxin shouldn't be activated by buttons, it just doesn't seem... buttony, it seems more trap like to me, since every encounter with it is like "walk into room -> its a trap! -> neurotoxin, bitches" and not "oh look a button to activate some neurotoxin, immah go press it" :shrug:

Alexander Bell wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:

It took you that long to notice the "moron designed to make you an idiot" status? :lol:

Its probably (ok, definitely) me being weird that makes me think neurotoxin shouldn't be activated by buttons, it just doesn't seem... buttony, it seems more trap like to me, since every encounter with it is like "walk into room -> its a trap! -> neurotoxin, bitches" and not "oh look a button to activate some neurotoxin, immah go press it" :shrug:

Simple solution that can fix all PeTI related mapping problems: use hammer.

Big Mood
Alexander Bell wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:

Why can't the Neurotoxin be a trap when you press a button? I mean, seriously. Not like someone is going to say "O press this button to release the neurotoxins!11!!1!"

At first I was going to include neurotoxin, but after a lot of consideration, I decided not to.. at all.
I wont include it because it is not a very good puzzle element, and in my opinion if people want it in their maps, they can add it in hammer. My intention here is just to give people more options on puzzle making

Your editor mod sounds great.

I'm making my own editor mod, but very different to yours. Mine is a Style Changer mod that changes the style of existing elements, walls, and elevators, rather than adding new ones. You just run my StyleChanger.exe to choose a style from: 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, Portal 1, Destroyed, Behind The Scenes, Evil Wheatley, or Clean. Then any map you preview or compile will be in that style, complete with textures, entrance and exit elevators, testing elements, ant-lines, voices, etc.

It's nearly finished.

My mod also includes replaced vbsp.exe and vrad.exe that add the following features, which can be activated by adding codes to comments in the editoritems.txt file: removing the entity limit, automatically packing certain files, fixing the bug with messages not being sent to barrier hazard models, replacing wall/floor/ceiling textures, changing signs and antlines, changing barrier hazard and barrier extents textures, changing the skybox, changing goo into bottomless pits, compiling previews with faster lighting, and including the entrance and exit in the preview if you press Ctrl+F9. And of course it can select which editoritems.txt file to use.

I don't know if any of those features are useful to you, or if there's some other features you want added that require automatically changing the .vmf file before it's compiled.

I can also get silver Reflection Gel working and looking right, and have purple Adhesion Gel, both in the same PeTI map, and with all the other gels still working. The Adhesion Gel doesn't do anything different from the Reflection Gel though, just looking different so you know to use it on cubes to stop them sliding off Propulsion Gel. It requires some materials and particle systems to be automatically packed though.

I don't know if you want to collaborate together or help me make it so my style changer is compatible with your mod. Or if you want me to help finish your mod for you, or whatever.

well, my mod is nearly complete. one of my first thoughts was to make a style changing mod, I however did abandon the idea because I didn't want to see cookie-cutter maps detailed in such ways, I'd rather people learned hammer, so I made the BEEMOD to give people more options while designing puzzles.
your mod does sound quite interesting, being a coder myself I am very interested in your changes to vrad and your additional exe's
if you want we can talk on skype or steam, for both my username it BenVlodgi

As a mapper I would be very interested indeed in anything that can switch between the styles as I particularly like the destroyed / rusty style chambers

PreviousPage 10 of 60Next