Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Forum Rules and Important Info - Read Before Posting!

Welcome to the Thinking With Portals Forums!

Thank you for visiting the discussion board for Thinking With Portals! We have a few rules here that can make your stay as best as possible.

Signature Rules
Acceptable signature sizes are 500x150 and no bigger than 100k, and/or 150 pixels worth of text (usually 2 or 3 lines). Signature can be no more than 150px high, text and image combined. Your signature will be permanently removed if you violate this rule! This is not rocket surgery, and no we will not increase the limits just because you have some signature that you like. Huge sigs make a forum ugly, people are here to read about our network sites, not look at your 100 different user bars.

Posting / Content Rules
Links to Drugwar/Outwar/Free iPods/etc. - pretty much anything that requires people to click on a link or sign up on your unique page - are not allowed. First offense is a warning, second offense is a ban! Again this doesn't take a genius to figure out, use common sense!

Don't post links to illegal files (warez, torrents, etc.). We aren't a piracy forum, so we won't for stand it. Period. Open discussion of piracy or stealing software can and will result in the thread being trashed and possibly a user ban. Be smart, just don't do it!

Spam / Bots
We have done our best to try and stop spambots, but we're not perfect. If you see a bot thread (links to sex tapes, sex sites, etc), report the thread! Click the Report Post button at the top of the post and an Administrator or Moderator will be notified. Please DO NOT respond to spam threads!

Speaking of Post Report, if you feel someone has violated a forum rule or is being out of line, click the Report Post button and it will be flagged for the Moderators. If you want to send a message to us, you can do so on the report page. Abuse of this feature will get you a Warning! Don't Report a thread just because you don't like the person who posted it, you can and will get yourself banned by doing that.

Speaking of Warnings, we are on a strict "3 strikes you're out" policy here. If you do receive get a Warning, the Moderator who did so will send you a PM of why you got it. Please discuss the matter privately if you feel the Warning was unwarranted. Remember - a smile is cheaper than a bullet!

Using Spoilers
Because Thinking With Portals deals with Portal and Portal 2, and some people may not be as experienced as others, please use the spoiler tags whenever appropriate! This is especially important when talking about the Single Player game, as well as any Custom Maps. Don't ruin the experience for others, use spoiler tags!

Search Feature
Mappers, modelers and other developers - Before asking a question, use the search features first! If it isn't there, look in the Wiki! Most likely, we've already answered your question and someone has posted it somewhere. If you still can't find an answer to you question, then feel free to post it.

If you have any questions about these rules, either contact a Forum Moderator or post a thread in the General Discussion board.

Again, thank you for vising!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Reminder - Upload All New Files To The Download Database

Please upload all new files to the Download Database hosted here at ThinkingWithPortals. Do not link to external files. You can upload files from the "Downloads" tab at the top menu. Just navigate to Portal 2 and select the appropriate category for your file, and upload away!

A note to guests viewing this - You have to register an account to upload files, but not to download. Once you register you can upload as many files as you would like.

Thanks!

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

A few people have been asking me recently so I'll put this here. Anyone who would like to donate to the site, send donations via PayPal to paypal@msleeper.com . The only thing I can give you in return is my gratitude.

:cube:

Also, a note about posting compile logs and other similarly long sections of text. We'd appreciate it (and by we I mean everyone on the forum) if, when you post compile logs and the like, you put the log inside either code tags or bigspoiler tags. This will greatly reduce the page length and the amount of scrolling people will have to do.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

File Upload Standards of Quality
In an effort to help keep high-quality maps a mainstay of the ThinkingWithPortals.com community, myself and the staff will begin removing "Released" maps from the Download Database that do not meet absolute minimum standards. These include, but are not limited to:

- Maps with no lighting (fullbright maps)
- "Playground" or sandbox type maps (assuming they are of general poor quality on their own, see above)
- Maps with no goal, puzzle or objective

These are not hard-and-fast rules; the decision to remove a file is entirely up to the discretion of the staff. Period. The goal is not to stifle creativity or make a "No Fun Allowed" rule; we want to make sure that visitors know that ThinkingWithPortals.com will continue to have some of the best quality Portal 2 maps on the internet.

How To Properly Report A Low-Quality Upload
If you have found a map that you feel does not meet our quality standards, simply hit the "Report Download" link on the download page. Please provide a descriptive reason for why you feel this map does not meet quality standards. This will bring the map to the attention of our staff, and we can review it to see if it should be subject to removal.

Just because you post in a map's thread saying it is low quality, does not necessarily mean that the staff will see it. Please use the "Report Download" button! Thanks.