Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

Page 1 of 60Next

The BEE is an extension to the Portal Testing Initiative created by Valve Software Image
7tVigWr1JoI
Original BEEMOD Preview video
The BEE adds new items to the Palette, these items include:

Code: Select all
-Orange AutoPortal
-High Energy Pellets (HEPs)
-Crushers
-Pneumatic Diversity Vents
-Triggers Blocks:
-Once
-Multiple
-Autosave
-Logic Gates:
-And
-Or
-Not
-Panel Drawbridge
-Doors
-Warm Lights

Ben and Carl's Extended Editor 2 (BEE2) has now also been released, use this thread for that aswell
grab a copy of that here

ImageImage

I am Benjamin Thomas Blodgett and I approve this message

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

This is so amazing. I was wondering when something like this would be made. What's the release date?

Big Mood

You say there is auto portal placement? Does this mean that with triggers or something that you can force the player to only get one portal? I would love to make an attempt at an Orange Portal only map (I know I'll probably have to edit it in Hammer quite a bit, but I'm fine with that) in the PeTI editor involving crushers. They are a huge pain to set multiples up of and it's really just a lack of patience on my part, same goes for the HEP Launchers/Catchers. Also I'm glad you added multi-colored light panels. That should have been done in the beginning. I'm really looking forward to testing all this stuff out! :)

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Looks awesome! But you could probably save some space on the palette by combining the Combine Ball Launcher with the catcher, and the different light panels. I'm not sure how you managed to fit all those in as it is!

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Looks awesome! But you could probably save some space on the palette by combining the Combine Ball Launcher with the catcher, and the different light panels. I'm not sure how you managed to fit all those in as it is!

unfortunately you cant combine items without having access to the source code
and until valve adds a scroll bar as I've requested.. or tabs... we will be limited to my 10 extra items.... there are some ideas I'm throwing around to get more custom items... but right now I still have to make them all and august will have to make the models

RubyCarbuncIe wrote:
You say there is auto portal placement? Does this mean that with triggers or something that you can force the player to only get one portal? I would love to make an attempt at an Orange Portal only map (I know I'll probably have to edit it in Hammer quite a bit, but I'm fine with that) in the PeTI editor involving crushers. They are a huge pain to set multiples up of and it's really just a lack of patience on my part, same goes for the HEP Launchers/Catchers. Also I'm glad you added multi-colored light panels. That should have been done in the beginning. I'm really looking forward to testing all this stuff out! :)

yes, the idea is to have these puzzle to require absolutely no hammer modifications.. however to get the exact effect you want.... you might have to

portal2tenacious wrote:
This is so amazing. I was wondering when something like this would be made. What's the release date?

thanks... I've been working on it since way back in beta
I have no release date set
... within the month I hope

can't wait to see horribly placed autosaves, ready to be killed.

about the energy pallets, they've been removed for a reason, if you want to lose your eye on it, and instantly die, go play portal 1 ;)

As for the crushers: why not 128x128? that'd be much cooler ;)

Lpfreaky90 wrote:
can't wait to see horribly placed autosaves, ready to be killed.

about the energy pallets, they've been removed for a reason, if you want to lose your eye on it, and instantly die, go play portal 1 ;)

As for the crushers: why not 128x128? that'd be much cooler ;)

well as for autosaves.. that is up to the puzzle designer... however they could be a great asset considering in all raw puzzlemaker maps you have to start at the very beginning when dying :thumbup:

As for the HEPs(High energy pelets)I realize that they were removed for good reason, however people were begging for them :lol: so I aim to please... plus they are one of the few items that I could add which would actually provide more PUZZLE possibilities. as the energy ball opens up a new world for puzzle solving... and can be used in combination with the pnuematic diversity vent... which was also removed for good reason

I didn't make the crusher model, I just recycled the one already in p2... and sadly it is 64 units too wide and tall.... 128x128 would have been much better ;)

Actually, you can combine, to a certain extent. If you inherit from ItemCubeButton you can have six types (normal, cube, ball on black and white), from ItemPaint four, or from ItemCube five. The limitation is that the only thing which can change is the VMF, not the collision area or occupied voxels or anything.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Can you find a way to put info_placement_helpers in? I know some maps need that.

Big Mood
Page 1 of 60Next