Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Thinking With Portals Returns

PreviousPage 4 of 7Next

Back to our roots! I missed this place so much. I can't believe my account's still here. Memories.
BTW, it's thefyrewire. I made this account when I was going through an identity crisis.
Nice to see so many familiar faces though (even if no one recognises me XD)

"Do not try to visualise the boundaries of your map's potential. That is impossible. Instead, only realise the truth. There are no boundaries."
[SP] Real Confetti (Community Round-up! April 1st - May 7th 2012) Check it out!
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
Sejievan wrote:
Ya should incorporate too the Discord server =)

Great idea. Who do I talk to about doing that? I don't use Discord myself.

Well if it is just to put a link for it, this one should be enough https://discord.gg/JYs9ksH if it is to make some kind of html integration ya can talk with Lpfreaky90 or BenVlodgi they're admins there =) i'm just a moderator i don't think i can do such stuff.

Level designer, 3D modeler, texture artist ,environment artist.

This is fantastic - can't wait to get back at it!

I deleted the old TWP link from my bookmark 1 week ago... :)
I'm happy that I can put it back.... with 1 extra dot...
Now everyone go back to testing...
(selecting a page from the topics' page does not work, only withing the topics)

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-

I'm surprised you didn't start with

Quote:
It's been a long time. How have you been? We've been really busy being dead

😛
I hadn't signed up yet but I was really dissapointed when the site left. I was really excited to see that it came back on the Portal Wiki.

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...

Awesome news. I really thought the site was forever dead, and the sudden email this morning talking about the return of the forums (from my spam folder) was like a breath of fresh air :D. Thanks for the hard work, Sleeper :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I really appreciate the support and kind words. I also really, really appreciate everyone updating all the various wikis around the net with new links and spreading the word that TWP is in fact back in business.

Reading comments like people saying how TWP is where they learned to map, and that the site going away left a hole in the community, it really makes me feel great and that what I was trying to do with this site actually worked. And it makes me wish I had been able to do this sooner. A few people said they thought I simply got bored with running the site and didn't care about it, and honestly that could not be further from the truth. I remember when the site that I learned Source mapping went offline permanently and it bummed me out. This site runs on no ads and entirely at a loss - I keep this site up because I love map making, I love Portal, and I want there to be a place for that for everyone.

Looks like myapertureinnovations.com fixed whatever was wrong on their end. To whoever is running that site - I still have your old working code base, send me an email if you want to get that back online. If not then happy trails.

I've been working with Ben and LP to fix some problems with the site, thanks to everyone who has been reporting them. User registration is back enabled for now - sorry to everyone who tried to register but couldn't. I am aware of the "can't navigate to pages from the forum listing" and I'm trying to fix that but I have no clue what is wrong there. Nothing changed in the code base, so something else must be broken, which really sucks. I'll try to get to that as soon as I can.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
I really appreciate the support and kind words. I also really, really appreciate everyone updating all the various wikis around the net with new links and spreading the word that TWP is in fact back in business.

Reading comments like people saying how TWP is where they learned to map, and that the site going away left a hole in the community, it really makes me feel great and that what I was trying to do with this site actually worked. And it makes me wish I had been able to do this sooner. A few people said they thought I simply got bored with running the site and didn't care about it, and honestly that could not be further from the truth. I remember when the site that I learned Source mapping went offline permanently and it bummed me out. This site runs on no ads and entirely at a loss - I keep this site up because I love map making, I love Portal, and I want there to be a place for that for everyone.

Looks like myapertureinnovations.com fixed whatever was wrong on their end. To whoever is running that site - I still have your old working code base, send me an email if you want to get that back online. If not then happy trails.

I've been working with Ben and LP to fix some problems with the site, thanks to everyone who has been reporting them. User registration is back enabled for now - sorry to everyone who tried to register but couldn't. I am aware of the "can't navigate to pages from the forum listing" and I'm trying to fix that but I have no clue what is wrong there. Nothing changed in the code base, so something else must be broken, which really sucks. I'll try to get to that as soon as I can.

Just want to point out that it seems that the SpamBots thing r still joining, although there's nothing being posted, i've noticed that the last 2 or 3 New users had the same website on their profiles http://www.anneedumexique.com can be just coincidence.. but guess it worth checking

Level designer, 3D modeler, texture artist ,environment artist.
Sejievan wrote:
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:

Just want to point out that it seems that the SpamBots thing r still joining, although there's nothing being posted, i've noticed that the last 2 or 3 New users had the same website on their profiles http://www.anneedumexique.com can be just coincidence.. but guess it worth checking

That definately seems problematic.

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...

I'm so glad the website is back ;)

PreviousPage 4 of 7Next