Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Thinking With Portals Returns

PreviousPage 7 of 7

Nice to see that the site is back. I was kind of upset that some of the old maps that weren't uploaded on other sites would be lost forever, until now.

I know this is a bit late to things, but depending on who you are using as a registrar, I'd recommend Hover or Google Domains. Both have easy payment, registration, and transfer tools (NameCheap isn't bad, either, from what I've heard).

Anyway, I registered mainly to post this after hitting a browser hijacker on the old domain.

I've been playing Portal 2 with my nephew lately and the best community maps have been associated with the folks here, so mega Kudos.

Thanks for the work you have put in to run this site and to the mad geniuses creating maps here.

Quote:
Oh, it's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me? Okay look, we've both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.

I was googling myself to see what my future employers will see, and 3 pages down I saw my post here. Really awesome for me to find out we're back.

I'm still on the path to be a game dev, and I think I shall reboot my maps too. Maybe get out of the Valve curse and publish my third map. Hooray!

Shift: Trichotomy - Beginnings ? Prelude ? Denouement
Aicxe wrote:
I was googling myself

Haha wow, this is literally what I was doing 15 minutes ago. It wasn't the first time a forum I'd been on disappeared without warning - I never expected this place to come back.

Or that I'd have missed it this much.

<3

It is back!?!?! Late reply, but the only reason I found out was because I got an email saying a link is broken in my old email account...

Clearly still am a moderator - and good to see msleeper you are still kicking.

When twp went down I was heartbroken, the huge amount of portal & portal 2 mapping knowledge just (potentially) *poof*.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
ChickenMobile wrote:
It is back!?!?! Late reply, but the only reason I found out was because I got an email

Myself also. Fortunately, although the sender's 'name' bears the old domain, the link didn't. I wasn't feeling brave either (even though there's no way a spammer could fake a Sendificate thread update mail like that), so I did a whois. Huzzah. Image

ChickenMobile wrote:
When twp went down I was heartbroken, the huge amount of portal & portal 2 mapping knowledge just (potentially) *poof*.

...also same

I've only made a few Portal 2 maps, but I'd appreciate a comment or a blindrun recording.
ChickenMobile wrote:
It is back!?!?! Late reply, but the only reason I found out was because I got an email saying a link is broken in my old email account...

Clearly still am a moderator - and good to see msleeper you are still kicking.

Just signing exactly everything you said.

Skotty my man! Join the TWP discord if you get the chance.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
PreviousPage 7 of 7