Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Great Portal 2 Speculation Thread

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next

Yeah I have to agree. They set Portal 2 in the distant future for a reason, and if anything it would only destroy the Half-Life franchise if they

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
Yeah I have to agree. They set Portal 2 in the distant future for a reason, and if anything it would only destroy the Half-Life franchise if they
Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

They stated themselves that there would be a couple of references or seomthing, but nothing massive. And I meant test subjects time travelling, but oh well :L

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West

My guess is that it's just going to be a nod towards the fact that it's 200 years or whatever in the future, Earth is clearly still here so the Combine were taken care of once and for all.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I think there will only be as many references to the half life franchise as there were in the first portal such as the "maybe black mesa" line, and the projector in the room saying statistics of them and black mesa...

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15

Wait how do you know it's in the distant future?

I do my science from scratch.

They've said that multiple times in multiple interviews.

They also said that part of the reason for it to be in 100ish years from P1 was to remove the connection to the HL2 universe which only arouse out of necessity. It's pretty clear that they don't want to mix the two universes much, or at least not in Portal's end of it, goodness only knows what will become of the Borealis in ep3.

Personally I don't think we'll see much/any of it in ep3 and if we do: the relation to GLaDOS/portals will be limited, probably only grazing mentions.

I don't think we'll get any indication of the fate of the combine/earth resistance at all.

youme wrote:
...goodness only knows what will become of the Borealis in ep3.

Psshhh, it's obviously going to sprout wings when Gordon arrives, and it will be a giant Flying Fortress* that can rain down heck on the Combine remnants and Advisors while planting the seeds of hope-inspiring-rainbows all over the Earth.

OK, kidding (somewhat). I'd like to see some Portal blueprint or schematic on a wall in the Borealis somewhere. I'd also like to (maybe) see a crowbar stuck in the wall somewhere in P2.

*1984 references FTW

Now with 100% more inline comments!
youme wrote:
Personally I don't think we'll see much/any of it in ep3 and if we do: the relation to GLaDOS/portals will be limited, probably only grazing mentions.

We do know that there is a GlaDOS on the Borealis, iirc from the blueprints texture. Also, she was originally designed for something to do with ice. Gordon has to encounter glados!

I do my science from scratch.
Mr. Happy wrote:
Also, she was originally designed for something to do with ice.

Citation needed.

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next