Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Great Portal 2 Speculation Thread

PreviousPage 7 of 7
Motanum wrote:
Anyone has noticed that L4D's spitter's acid looks very similar to that of the gells in Portal 2 when they splat?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6308/c ... op0001.jpg [Can't be bothered to resize it]

No reason not to reuse particles

apparently some of the alien attacks in alien swarm look like gel blobs in portal 2

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
p0rtalplayer wrote:
Motanum wrote:
Anyone has noticed that L4D's spitter's acid looks very similar to that of the gells in Portal 2 when they splat?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6308/c ... op0001.jpg [Can't be bothered to resize it]

No reason not to reuse particles

apparently some of the alien attacks in alien swarm look like gel blobs in portal 2

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if VALVe just recolored the particles and implemented it in some code.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

IDE/Theory: One of the personality cores will disguise itself as a Companion Cube.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.

I love speculation. since this thread was made before portal 2's release, i'll share what my thoughts were back then:

The plot is that chell wakes up in a room, and the room automatically gets her to the test. she later meets wheatley and they try to escape, meeting some of wheatley's friends along the way. but wheatley is killed by glados when she turns on. glados sends chell through testing, every so often sending her into bts areas to get one of wheatley's core friends and return it to glados. glados takes the entire game to repair the whole facility, and is very nearly done when chell finds a morality core and gives it to glados, who installs it. big epic boss fight where chell actually damages glados as apposed to un-installing components, and chell escapes through a hole that opens when glados is defeated. one thing missing from the final product that i enjoyed in this speculation is the exploration in bts that i expected to see a lot of.

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.
PreviousPage 7 of 7