Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Great Portal 2 Speculation Thread

Page 1 of 7Next

Post all of your baseless speculation about Portal 2's story here! I'll start:

msleeper's baseless speculation

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Sounds plausible enough but I'm not quite ready to believe it yet.

Omnicoder wrote:
Sounds plausible enough but I'm not quite ready to believe it yet.

Just an observation, but on the whole "manufacturing" topic, Wheatley said that he almost got a job in manufacturing, also, what did he mean by "tending to" the humans? Are they test subjects or workers?

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15
yohoat9 wrote:
Just an observation, but on the whole "manufacturing" topic, Wheatley said that he almost got a job in manufacturing, also, what did he mean by "tending to" the humans? Are they test subjects or workers?

Foreman, perhaps? Or Forerobot?

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Multiplayer: complete the campaign; make it to manufacturing, accidentally turn all of your robotic clones into slaves for Glados to take over the world. Downer ending, unless you complete single player.

Single player: you and Wheatley meet up several times, each time uncovering more and more of the plot. Eventually, you defeat her again using faith plates, gels, and discouragement beams.

Yes, I'm serious. This is what I think could happen, given that Red and Blu both seem to have an infinite amount of clones, plus Glados has a grudge against anything she can't control.

(Yes, i called the bots Red and Blu. Coincidence, aye?)

In portal 2, when mapping a co-op map, could you make it so only one player has a portal gun? Because I've thought of a few ideas for that...

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15
yohoat9 wrote:
In portal 2, when mapping a co-op map, could you make it so only one player has a portal gun? Because I've thought of a few ideas for that...

If the system is anything like the way all other Source games work then yes.

Well, seeing as the real purpose as stated by Valve is to make the robots more human (by gathering objects such as "Worlds Best Dad!" mugs and the like, here's my 2 cents.

Spoiler

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West
Jomonay wrote:
Well, seeing as the real purpose as stated by Valve is to make the robots more human (by gathering objects such as "Worlds Best Dad!" mugs and the like, here's my 2 cents.
Spoiler

I for one am opposed to ep3 references. Portal is it's own series now, it doesn't need to lean on half life. While I am also anxious for news of ep3, I don't think portal is the way to deliver it.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
Page 1 of 7Next