Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Summer Mapping Initiative

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

I think no custom content makes it easier for both the contestants and for the judges. and the reason is very simple. Everyone is given the same stuff to work with. meaning no excuses if you fail.

msleeper wrote:
Correct. "No custom content" includes modified vscripts or new chamber sign materials. Sorry.

I'm assuming new custom vscripts are ruled out too then? :/ I'd see them more on the same level as game logic the only main differnce is its not in the .bsp.
I have a map that uses a lot of custom vscript that I was thinking of adepting for the comp but if vscripts are counted as custom content, well that rules that out.

Either way good luck to those that enter :)

Yeah, you will need to convert the logic into standard I/O entities instead of the vscript.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Oh trust me thats, thats not gonna happen. Its not normal map logic :S
Ah well, guess I can wrap the map up sooner and release anyway.

I won't be able to participate as I have my last exam of this semester on 6th June *cry*

DrummerB wrote:
I won't be able to participate as I have my last exam of this semester on 6th June *cry*

You could always fix any bugs with your previously released map and enter that into the contest. :idea:

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Quote:
Pretty clear on the answer here but just want to make sure, entries must contain a single BSP only right?

I'm currently working on wrapping up the first of a planned 3-chamber 'track' which transitions through three separate BSPs. The first chamber itself is relatively short so I'm just trying to sort out whether I should simply stitch the second chamber into the same BSP or keep it separate as I had originally planned.

In any case, looks like a lot of fun, I'm stoked!

Derp.

Don't mind me, came straight to this thread off of the P2Mapper email, didn't see the additional threads in the forum. Question answered, thanks msleeper.

Correct, the map must be a single BSP file. Condense the maps together if you want to release them as a contest entry.

You need customized scripts to make the elevator screens. No elevator screens for me!

Turrets, not tourettes. Only people with tourettes say that.

My Work:
FLAMING LEMONS
FUNRUN - COMING SOON

What about custom or modified Instances? (This may be a dumb question)

Another Thing, when is the best time to submit an entry?

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
PreviousPage 3 of 5Next