Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Summer Mapping Initiative

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

Another question, is vpk allowed of not?

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
kwp21 pitts wrote:

I would prefer if you simply uploaded the BSP and source VMF. Packaging in a VPK is nice for brownie points, but we are going to have to extract it anyway so this just makes our lives easier.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
kwp21 pitts wrote:

I would prefer if you simply uploaded the BSP and source VMF. Packaging in a VPK is nice for brownie points, but we are going to have to extract it anyway so this just makes our lives easier.

Thank you this helps me to decide on what changes I need to make on my map in order for it to be eligible for the contest.

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page

God, I wish I didn't suck at everything except scoring chicks and PLAYing portal, :( I really want that ultimate pack!

do NOT click this

I just want to ask about "no custom content" rule.

Is it strictly "no custom content", or is it just because people shouldn't waste time on that?

I'm not asking because I would want to make some custom models or textures. I know two weeks is not enough time for messing with that AND making a good map. What i'm interested in is some few custom overlays to be used as indicators and giving a player some clue if the puzzle is harder to explain with original overlays. Would that be considered as breaking the rule?

Sometimes it might be confusing to a player if you're trying to explain some new concept with the original icons.

In any case I'll be entering this contest as soon as I get some good ideas for a map

cheers

No custom content, period end of story. Not even a single 5 line VMT.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
CraigChrist wrote:
What i'm interested in is some few custom overlays to be used as indicators and giving a player some clue if the puzzle is harder to explain with original overlays. Would that be considered as breaking the rule?

Yes.

It's safe to assume that custom chamber signs are also out of the question, then?

Won't bother me all that much; will actually mean I have less to still figure out to get a decent entry in. :>

Wsterfury wrote:
It's safe to assume that custom chamber signs are also out of the question, then?

Correct. "No custom content" includes modified vscripts or new chamber sign materials. Sorry.

msleeper wrote:
No custom content, period end of story. Not even a single 5 line VMT.

Ok, good to know.. didn't even see the FAQ thread until now, sorry, I wouldn't spam with the question if I saw it earlier..

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next