Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Summer Mapping Initiative

Page 1 of 5Next

Today we're shining our community spotlight, not on a map, but a competition! We at ThinkingWithPortals.com are proud to present the Summer Mapping Initiative mapping contest!

Now, you may be asking yourself, "Nacimota, just how difficult is this competition? What was in that phonebook of a rules page I just read? Am I in danger?"

Let me answer those questions with a question: who wants to win an Ultimate Portal 2 Gift Pack and have their work spotlighted by Valve on the official Portal 2 Website? If you're interested in participating in this test then read on.

The competition will run from today (Tuesday the 24th of May) to 11:59PM EDT on the 6th of June at which point we will stop accepting submissions from test subjects. This is only two short weeks - there's no time to waste!

We're looking for clever and fun test chambers consistent with the themes in Portal 2 (which means no custom assets!). The top two winning maps will receive the grand prize of the Ultimate Portal 2 Gift Pack, as well as having their maps spotlighted on the official Portal 2 website.

If you haven't read the rules page we linked to above, I urge you to read it now. Thoroughly. Here's the link again, in case you missed it:

Thinking With Portals - Summer Mapping Initiative

Nacimota. We're done here.

:hi5:

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Holy shit I am so entering this.

Only two weeks to create a map aaaaaa

"Duct Tape is the answer."

I need to get crackin'.

This is on! This is sooo ON!

Is private testing allowed?

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
Motanum wrote:
This is on! This is sooo ON!

Is private testing allowed?

Yes.

Not only is private testing allowed, but public testing is allowed. Upload your map to the Contest Submission category on the DLDB and make tweaks. You have until the 6th to perfect your map.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I got a question, what do you guys expect for length for a typical chamber and to what skill degree spacifically?

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
kwp21 pitts wrote:
I got a question, what do you guys expect for length for a typical chamber and to what skill degree spacifically?

There's no real "typical" chamber length, and the difficulty can be as easy or as hard as you would like. There is no requirement for puzzle length or difficulty.

I'm very excited about this. i have to at least try to post something...ahhh my brain is going to explode :notwant:

Page 1 of 5Next