Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Summer Mapping Initiative

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
kwp21 pitts wrote:
What about custom or modified Instances? (This may be a dumb question)

This was already answered in the FAQ thread.

kwp21 pitts wrote:
Another Thing, when is the best time to submit an entry?

Whenever you're ready.

msleeper wrote:
DrummerB wrote:
I won't be able to participate as I have my last exam of this semester on 6th June *cry*

You could always fix any bugs with your previously released map and enter that into the contest. :idea:

I see. I might do that. Thanks.

Hey, I just registered to say thanks for letting me know there's a contest (Steam event)... I would have missed it otherwise!

Check out my stuff at http://www.naigel.nl
Naigel wrote:
Hey, I just registered to say thanks for letting me know there's a contest (Steam event)... I would have missed it otherwise!

I'm glad the Steam group reaches more people!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I started my second map today, but I'm not entering the contest, since I guess my funnel/lightbridge lifting (climbing) method is not an "official" intended method, and thats what I'll use in it at 1-2 place. And I hate start/end lifts too :)

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-
DaMaGepy wrote:
I started my second map today, but I'm not entering the contest, since I guess my funnel/lightbridge lifting (climbing) method is not an "official" intended method, and thats what I'll use in it at 1-2 place. And I hate start/end lifts too :)

You don't have to use "official" puzzle methods. You just can't use custom textures/models/sounds/voices/script files. That's what custom assets are - not new puzzle methods.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

As long as it doesn't require glitching to complete, it should be okay.

This contest sounds freaking awesome. I really hope I can release my map on time. Man I miss those days at uni when I could just map all day.

Anyway havn't really decided on this yet but are you allowed to create two chambers (in the same bsp obviously) or is it strictly one entry and one exit elevator?

mazk1985 wrote:
Anyway havn't really decided on this yet but are you allowed to create two chambers (in the same bsp obviously) or is it strictly one entry and one exit elevator?

There's nothing in the rules preventing you from making two distinct puzzles. Though, you might be best off making them connected via a hallway or some other separation, and not have an elevator between them.

If I have the time to map for other things, I will try to join. But it really does not look like I will. .

I wish you all good luck. Remember, we want the best, and you are it.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next