Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Seven Gates

PreviousPage 7 of 9Next

Well you can always adjust where you shoot the portal on the wall to get any height you want on the bridge. If anything the new version makes it more difficult since you have less options regarding bridge heights.

So yes, the change only have to do with part 1 for the reasons stated before.

(Note however if you activate the bridge before you shoot the portal, the main behavior of Portal 2 is that it will auto adjust the portal, so if you want another height you need to shoot the portal first.)

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Jonatan, absolutely incredible solution video.

Sooo tricky indeed... but awesome

Thanks for mapping (again)

I'll move out to Devil's chamber this afternnon (a funny Halloween gift.... from the DEVIL of challenge maps).

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

ahhhh, the balanced cube for gate 3. found it, but don't know how to block it from falling.
the speed trick for gate 3 is a little 'dirty'.

but this map is one of my favorites.

great job.

I give up. I can't beat the part 2. I think i cheated even on part 1. I moved two cubes to the chamber 6 and was crossing the water by jumping over it.

Congrats to spathiwa. I actually tried something like what he did

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
, but I couldn't set it up so that
Spoiler
. Well done.

Congratulations to spathiwa for figuring out how to utilize the light bridge. Even with that figured out, the solution is still not straight forward,

Spoiler
. Anyways, jonatan, you have succeeded to create a map that was too brainy for one single person to solve, that is just amazing.

The most frustrating map i have played. I did the first level no problem but got stuck on the second one, had to look at the solution. It took me over 30 mins to get

Spoiler
,once i did this i walked across the bridge and saved the game, this is where i encountered a big bug. I messed up the next bit, but thought no problem, i will just load my last save, but when i did, the
Spoiler
i was stuck at the first emancipation field, i had to start the whole map again. I also had a cube dissapear, but i did figure out what happened to it. The cube was sitting on the bit of the floor that revolves 180 deg, and slipped underneath the floor. Very devious map, just not a fan of
Spoiler
. Maybe you could place a button that destroys the cubes but also gives you a portable surface for a few seconds at the first emancipation field.

I thought I fixed the missing cube problem in latest version. Are you sure you are running 1.3?

It is version 1.2, i downloaded the map on the 29th Oct. Did you upload the newer version after this date.

Yes I fixed that problem in version 1.3. Still the quicksave issue remains, but I can't solve it easily. The thing is that

Spoiler
Enough to ruin your day. :( Apparently Valve did not foresee there being scenarios where there would be issues having it this way.

PreviousPage 7 of 9Next