Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Seven Gates

PreviousPage 6 of 9Next

A very clever idea which doesn't seem to work...

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].

OK, after having tried several of my ideas, I've discovered that it's not at all possible to pass the 2nd cube through the fizzler corridor beyond 3rd fizzler. I've got one cube at floor_cube_button for the 7th fizzler

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

OK, now I REALLY think I've got THE WAY. And damn it! it's not SOOOO difficult as we all think! it's just a simple logic! I had short time during this weekend to think in this puzzle or try anything so I will sit down in front of this damn puzzle this afternoon again and record my solution. I hope what's in my mind will work!

If it dooes... well, I will in fact record part 1 and 2 altogether for version 1.3 (in order to record my alternate solution for round 1 without my bridge technique).

Jonatan, you won't imagine ever how hungry I am for finishing with this puzzle at once! Thanks for mapping, man... I love challenges

EDIT: so, even before we have just finish this one and recovered ourselves from so-hard-damn-thinking-with-portals, you release a new challenge??? yes, you're definitely Evil... Happy Halloween!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
spathiwa wrote:
Well, definitely progress. I'm almost positive I figured out the 'trick' to part 2, but I still don't have a full solution.

Thanks, spathiwa :thumbup: , this worked for me. I never would have thought to use the bridge that way.

Jonatan, you are an evil genius :notworthy: . The Wheatley quotes were apropos, but even GlaDos with PMS couldn't think this one up. It's amazing that one small change in a map can so utterly change the solution.

EDIT 10/31/2011: I bit the bullet and got Fraps. Here's Part 1.
http://youtu.be/fwOnOB3PYj4

And here's Part 2:
http://youtu.be/26b0gtvdKhQ

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

It worked for you, as per spathiwa's screenshot? I spent ages trying to get that damn cube to balance just right. It seems just as hard as the previous simple solution balancing the cube against the glass. If the actual intended solution is so fiddly then I'm not happy...

Well done, spathiwa. :thumbup:

Spoiler

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

So Spathiwa finally did it the intended way, right? Even confirmed by jonatan...

CONGRATULATIONS!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Here is the promised walkthrough video. If you haven't solved part 1 without using the bridge technique removed in version 1.3, I urge you to try this first before watching. (Part 2 starts at 3:45.)

Spoiler

Thank you all for testing. If you enjoyed this map you might want to try out my new fifth map Devil's Chamber. I hope it will provide a challenge but probably not quite as much as this one. (It has already been reported solved.)

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
jonatan wrote:
Here is the promised walkthrough video. If you haven't solved part 1 without using the bridge technique removed in version 1.3, I urge you to try this first before watching. (Part 2 starts at 3:45.)

Spoiler

Thank you all for testing. If you enjoyed this map you might want to try out my new fifth map Devil's Chamber. I hope it will provide a challenge but probably not quite as much as this one. (It has already been reported solved.)

I had gotten to the same point that spathiwa did and ran into the same problem with

Spoiler
. After watching your video I have to say
Spoiler
awesome puzzle and I'll definitely be trying more of your maps.

Cool! I'm happy that I got the answer right, but I'm disappointed I couldn't actually pull it off before posting my solution. Kudos to jonatan, the design of the puzzle is clever and elegant... I wish the execution were elegant too, but it just isn't because the

Spoiler
is just so fiddly that it even makes the game seem buggy.

Jonatan, you are indeed an evil genius. I have to say one thing however. You updated the map in version 1.3 and said that lowering the bridge would not affect stage 2, however the lower bridge obviously makes the crucial step of stage 2 easier since the bridge is closer to button 3 in that case. In fact, following your video I still can't succeed with version 1.2. Are you really saying v1.3 was not a correction to stage 2 because no one could solve it?
Either way, I loved the test. I'll be checking out more of your stuff.

PreviousPage 6 of 9Next