Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Seven Gates

PreviousPage 5 of 9Next

I also just registered to comment on this map. I assume everyone realizes that

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. This means that
Spoiler
So it still seems impossible to me.

I think I figured it out! At least, I just figured out the "secret ingredient" maneuver, now I just have to put it all together.

Damn, jonatan, you are one devious, clever, sneaky, brilliant guy.

Time to sleep now, I'll post again tomorrow whether this winds up working out or not.

I was thinking about this today at work and now I see that shma has summarised my thoughts precisely.

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].

I gave up on part two and did this :lol: :

Spoiler

(can't embed images since I'm new here.

Nice! It is of course not the intended solution but very cool nevertheless. That must have taken quite a lot of trial and error...

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
jonatan wrote:
Nice! It is of course not the intended solution but very cool nevertheless. That must have taken quite a lot of trial and error...

I thought it would take a while too, but once I gave up on the intended solution and decided to try that, it only took about 5 minutes. Much less time than I spent trying to find the intended solution, that's for sure.

Interesting that it's actually possible! I had been trying to get it to work by standing on the edge or tossing it at the glass. Maybe you used the hydra controller?! :lol:

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].
grayarea wrote:
Interesting that it's actually possible! I had been trying to get it to work by standing on the edge or tossing it at the glass. Maybe you used the hydra controller?! :lol:

You're breaking the map if you use the hydra, it just makes it too easy, if people make maps for the hydra, non-hydra players can't play. If people make maps not for the hydra, hydra players cheat their way to victory

Well, definitely progress. I'm almost positive I figured out the 'trick' to part 2, but I still don't have a full solution.

I figured out how to

Spoiler
. I've managed to get to the chamber in front of gate 4
Spoiler

I thought I had another clever way to do it

Spoiler
Warning, big spoiler: the following pic gives away both the basic trick which I'm pretty sure is needed for the intended solution, and my failed attempt to
Spoiler

Spoiler

Further clarification of the screenshot

Spoiler

PreviousPage 5 of 9Next