Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Seven Gates

PreviousPage 4 of 9Next

My solution to the first bit does not rely on that technique. Nevertheless, I think it would be a better map if you did lower the bridge - it would prevent people from thinking that the solution to your map is just a repetitive grind.

I think the trickiest part (in terms of execution) of the way I originally solved the first bit went something like:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Okay, at least the first part of this map is absolutely brilliant! It seems like a very logical puzzle that had a lot of thought put into it.
I've been putting off commenting until I might think of the solution for part 2... but I'm as stuck there with the same line of reasoning as everyone else. With how thoughtful the first part was I'm hoping it's not something weird or obsucre (I can't imagine we're supposed to somehow move the cube around by flipping it with the light bridge?)
Is this what I was supposed to do for the first part? It didn't require me to set the cube on the bridge.
SPOILERSPOILER IT WILL RUIN YOUR FUN I WARNED YOU

Spoiler

Picture that. In your dreams.
Maps:
SP MonoPortal | Lesson 0
WIP: LaserLock Preview Images

Has anyone really solved part 2 other than the author's brothers?
If so, please speak up, and give us a small hint!

First of all, about that "technique" of mine, well I think it is of course licit. I didn't use any trick or something... just played with the elements I was given.

Anyway, I think I've got the solution for the second round. Of course, I can't use that technique anyore in this new round, and I will use some ideas I could have used in round 1 avoiding my technique.

I'll post this afternoon after recording my playthrough ok?

Best regards!

EDIT:

@jonatan

Spoiler

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Well I've managed

Spoiler

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].

You bastard! This is the toughest logic puzzle I've played so far. I'm stcuk in the second part where other posters seem to be, with a cube at the #7 button.

I found a minor bug in the second part. You can get stuck between the lightbridge and the non-portal surface the laser is aimed at. I have also lost the cube once. I dropped it through a portal in the floor while trying to fling it onto the third button, and it just disappeared. It was very close to the non-portal floor under the laser path.

If the intended solution involves

Spoiler
, I just can't pull it off.

I usually don't rate maps until I've finished them, but I'll make an exception for this one. A very no-brainer 5/5, because I have no brain left.

EDIT 10/31/2011: Thanks to spathiwa, I finally pulled it off. It took several attempts, because the cube refused to land on button #6.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

The intended solution does not involve

Spoiler
. Im not that evil...

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

I'm pretty sure you're quite evil...
Where I'm at with stage two:

Spoiler

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].

So this is a hoax, right?
October Fools?

I'm becoming increasingly convinced part 2 is not actually possible.

Uploaded new version 1.3 which hopefully fixes all problems with missing cubes. Also lowered bridge as explained in an earlier post. (This does not affect part 2 but will make part 1 slightly more involved.)

Since nobody solved part two yet (excepts for my brothers) I will give a small hint:

Spoiler

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
PreviousPage 4 of 9Next