Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Seven Gates

PreviousPage 3 of 9Next

Hehehehe...

I think Jonatan made it again! I'm so happy of finding these hard difficulty maps every once in a while.

Well, yesterday I had some time (just 1 hour) to check this out and I've got several ideas I want to try this evening. I think I'm really close to the intended solution!

I really hope Mr. Rydh won't upload a playthrough yet, because I really want to be the first one to post it!

I've only got this screenshot of yesterday:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

I know it's just a "first achievement", and in fact
Spoiler
but it's something.

I hope I can try my 2 or 3 ideas today and post a playthrough.

Impressive, again, Jonatan!

Thanks for mapping / and twisting your mind like so!

5/5 cakes

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I have a solution video but won't make it public before someone work out and post the solution here first. As far as I know only my two brothers have solved it so far.

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Really thought I was on to something on that second bit...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

See pics:

Spoiler

Maybe this will give someone the inspiration to finish it out. :D

grayarea wrote:
Can anyone confirm that the second go round is actually solvable?!

Yes it really is, even though I found myself doubting a few times. I am very curious to see if anyone manages to solve the key part of the puzzle in a different way (or solve it for that matter :thumbup: )!

Man!

You won't believe me!!!

I'm at work... so I can't play here of course, not until this evening when I arrive home... but I had a brief free pause, and I'VE MADE A SKETCH OF THE MAP ON A PAPER! yyeeeeap! it's not so difficult to remember it as it is not too large. Well, I REALLY think one of my ideas could work!

But I have to check out about a few angles and the situation of every laser target EXACTLY to see if it would work out! I have a good feeling... I'm so excited!

I'll post later!!!

I'm still tearing my hair out on this one.

Spoiler

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].

TWICE????

Damn you, man!

Today I will only post 1 playthrough!!

UPLOADING.... I'll post it in a few hours...

In the meantime, solution for the first time:

Spoiler

Goodnight

Well, here it is:

Only the part one, tomorrow I will begin with part 2:

W1eyixqDYRs

EDIT: jonatan, there's a minor bug:

Spoiler

Thanks for your sharing your video josepezdj. Was surprised by the spanish localization. Noticed that it made the timings a bit off. Hope it still made some sense. Anyway it was interesting to see how you solved the first part.

Spoiler

Regarding the bug: It could be a simple texture misalignment but it could also have to do with that the model I used (models/anim_wp/simple_panel_transforms/simple_panel.mdl) for some mysterious reason is not perfectly straight. It tilts by a couple degrees. You can't see it with small blocks but for the floor I had to manually compensate for this (by rotating it) to not have the floor tilt noticeably, but there is probably still a minor error. If anyone has run into this problem and know how to fix it in a better way please let me know.

My maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Hi there jonatan.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

First of all I would like to check out the second round. It's curious that you, more or less, tell me that my solution is not intended... In fact, this is one of those maps that I believed there would be no possible unintended solutions, man! It seemed to me like there was only one way through. Anyway, after reading a bit of people's posts, I'm sure there are many different ways for this... SURPRISINGLY! I like that.

I'll upload later my playthrough for the 2nd round and let's see which ways can I find for solving it! I may find or imagine the intended ways for the 1st part!

Then I will be very interested in knowing more about other ways to get through.

Thanks for mapping!

PreviousPage 3 of 9Next