Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] pl_Zeta [Beware of huge images!]

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

When the level loads the following errors appear in the console:

Scene 'scenescanalsgman_watching.vcd' missing!
Scene 'scenestest_chamberai_13_a_entry.vcd' missing!

These files were not included in the zip file.

umm, thats not my fault, i cant include any custom scene files in the zip file because i would have to include the ENTIRE cache of scenes in the zip file, which is huge.
and the second one should be included in portal...

http://thespaceturkey.wordpress.com/
The following statement is false
The preceding statement is true
Doomsday192 wrote:
umm, thats not my fault, i cant include any custom scene files in the zip file because i would have to include the ENTIRE cache of scenes in the zip file, which is huge.
and the second one should be included in portal...

From the experience I've had with scene files so far, you need to include the scenes.image that's generated after building your scene in Face Poser, not the entire scene cache. You'll need to pack this in to the map's bsp file to prevent it from accidentally being overwritten by other peoples maps though.

...i didnt MAKE any custom scenes...

i dont even know if the gman scene is missing because, it works fine for me. its probably just you

Even if you're using a scene file from another valve game (like HL2) a scenes.image file + the scene file itself need to be included with the map to get it to work right for other people. Portal uses it's own scenes.image file to keep track of what scenes are available for use, this default scenes.image file for portal doesn't have access to any of the scenes in HL2 or any of the other valve games.

I'm guessing that you extracted the file using GCFScape and that's how you got it to become available in hammer and your portal, correct? Without a scenes.image file included in the distribution, portal can't find the scene in the scenes.image manifest it has available, hence the error.

no, i used the gman prefab that came with source sdk, and it set it to use that scene, and it must work since gman works fine

and any custom scenes.image would override the default one.

besides its just 2 console errors, how much do they actualy affect the level...

Played it and loved it, great level design and great level of difficulty, not too hard and not too easy.
Also, I didn't got any kind of errors.

After some help, i should probably be able to finally play this map and give it a proper review, can't wait!

User has been banned for this post. --msleeper

Syon wrote:
When the level loads the following errors appear in the console:

Scene 'scenescanalsgman_watching.vcd' missing!
Scene 'scenestest_chamberai_13_a_entry.vcd' missing!

These files were not included in the zip file.

Maybe it's because he doesn't have HL2?

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next