Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal Mapping Tips Megathread

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Quick cause i'm still procrastinating about this work and i should sleep.

btw your attacments don't work, max attacments per post is 0 :P

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3117 ... be1pt2.jpg
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/475/ ... be2lk9.jpg

I can do much better photoshop jobs then that, but its late :P

Ah damn, I fixed it so try it again.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

The portal/object destroyer brush entity ("Fivlers" as they called them in the commentary) is trigger_portal_clenser. I checked the "Destroy All" or whatever it's called flag in the properties, but not sure if that changed anything or not. Still haven't tracked down the right material that they used in-game... I hope it's not apart of the new particle system?

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

It easily could be sleeper, my money is on the new system. It looks a lot like it and I can't see them using the old particle system when they have a new shiny one to use. :D

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

there are some 'obsolete' entities they use in their particle fields.

As you see, it is not synced up using the HL2MP thing. I think it takes an extra file or folder from the gcf that the FDG points to or something.

Grudge wrote:
It easily could be sleeper, my money is on the new system. It looks a lot like it and I can't see them using the old particle system when they have a new shiny one to use. :D

There IS a new particle system, the devs ramble about it during EP2 and all its applications, but refer to my post above about it, i'm not home currently but when i do get home i'll be checking up on it to see if it works. Got a small map idea as well for a puzzle, involves fun flinging, buttons, timer, and quick thinking.

Did i forget to mention, cake? :P

Well, I just tried adding the entity but I crashed my hammer because of something else stupid. :( Hopefully someone else can get one working.

BTW - What all did you extract? I keep getting pink checkerboxes on top of all of my textures in hammer (the textures are still there), and I think it is some new additional texture like a normal map or something that I am missing or didn't extract.

some / most of the textures will be pink checker in hammer but turn out fine after compling, kinda weird.

has anyone figured out how to make a surface portal proof yet? :P

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

Haven't bothered to yet, but i'm sure i could in a couple secconds :P but kinda busy atm.

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next