Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Map prefixes

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next
Artesia wrote:
You want to tell me what to name my maps.
I want to name them myself.

Actually, I was trying to find out if there is some overwhelmingly popular opinion on naming conventions.
which there doesnt seem to be.

personally I don't care if every map i download has a different nameing convention, as long a i can remember it from the time it finishes downloading to the time portal loads up its good.

Not telling you what to name your map but rather to make the name look more professional.

WHO CARES WHAT FILE NAME YOUR MAP IS WHEN PEOPLE LOAD IT THROUGH THE BONUS MAPS MENU

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

msleeper is right in the sense that any such tags wouldn't be seen in the bonus maps.

and the bonus maps make it irrelevant if such tags are used or not.

and since such tags are irrelevant, I will retain the right to name my files what I want, without people online trying to influence file names to feel important, or for whatever reason they may try to do so.

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

That's for challenges though, what about non-challenge maps?

Artesia wrote:
and since such tags are irrelevant, I will retain the right to name my files what I want, without people online trying to influence file names to feel important, or for whatever reason they may try to do so.

Yeesh, calm down. No one cares if you want to follow it or not, nobody is going to force you. :P

Angel_Mapper wrote:
That's for challenges though, what about non-challenge maps?

its a 'bonus map' section, the challenges one is a subsection. so it kinda does go for all maps.

so it really doesnt matter what you call it as long as you provide a bonus script thingy with it

I believe you can either not set it up as a challenge and have it show up anyways, or have it show up under advanced chambers.

The whole point being not making people type in the console to load a map, therefore prefixes aren't needed since all the maps will show up in the UI

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

Artesia is right, maps do not necessarily have to have Challenges to be loaded through the Bonus Maps menu.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Ah, ok. Bonus!

Yeah the whole idea is really awesome, I hope more people start doing it as standard practice. It is going to be a requirement for future contests, too.

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next