Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Idea: Portal Multiplayer

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next

well, the multiplayer sounds awesome just not probable and realisticly makes no sense.

but coop does, only 2 people one has blue portal one has oj and you build from their doing stuff together to get through levels. real dependecy issue though lol

I also had the idea of a person 'above' with a portal gun, shooting portals into a 'below' area for the 2nd person to jump through. That's similar ot Adair's idea.

Might even be able to do it with NPC coding, if done right.

You could use the mesh between the upper and lower areas.

To make it 'interesting' if the person below misses a portal, the ceiling could lower, so they have to cooperate or both die.

== John ==

Coop portal will be cool :)

I liked that game with those vikings with different skills, played it on the snes. Guess you could do sort of the same with a coop version of portal.

Indeed Co-op portal sounds amazing, coop portal sounds like its designed for chickens.

If someone makes a Co-op portal before I release TS13 I WILL be making at least one Co-op level for it

But how should coop portal look like?

One can shoot the blue portal, the other the orange?

Or totally different gameplay? Like one with the portal gun and can fall unlimited height and the other vulnerable for fall damage and armed with normal weapons for certain new enemies.

hmmm.... what about Portal: Opposing Force...

alexanderpas wrote:
hmmm.... what about Portal: Opposing Force...

:wut:
so you are in control of the wall mounted cameras and have to watch the test subject at all times?

No I have thought about it too, as idea for a 2nd map. Some nice stories possible i tell you.

Hedgehog wrote:
But how should coop portal look like?

One can shoot the blue portal, the other the orange?

Or totally different gameplay? Like one with the portal gun and can fall unlimited height and the other vulnerable for fall damage and armed with normal weapons for certain new enemies.

or you could have more than 1 team racing to beat the map first
because if you could use this cheat code some how "change_portalgun_linkage_id # (0, 1, 2, 3)"
than you could have at least 4 teams

but its just a thought :D

Could be interesting if a player could fire only blue portals, and one only orange portals. It sure would allow original puzzles and give an interest to have a companion (no, not a cube)

Thanks to Portal, someone's birthday is now the most feared day in the year...
NO! THE CAKE! NOOOOOOOO !
PreviousPage 3 of 10Next