Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Idea: Portal Multiplayer

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next

A collaborative portal would be the best!

TBh i don't really think that a HL2DM remake with portals would be any good.

What do you do with the fies once downloaded?

instructions are on the download page

Quote:
Players going through portal crashes the game when maxplayers > 1

What the fuck is the use in that? its a portal multiplayer where you can't even use the portals

One step at a time. Remember, we don't have access to the code...

And you can use the portals for weapons fire and phys props

someone needs to make a portal version of this kind of cooperative gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuurPVsn99A

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

Check this out.
http://www.portalmp.co.nr/
They have a video and a forum
Its gona take some time but they have the menu and the internet server for tests up. They want scripters and they dont want anymore testers they need scripters now.Its alot of work.

Bad link. What exactly have they done?

mikebolt wrote:
Bad link. What exactly have they done?

from the first video, not much, there wasn't even two people....not very multiplayer

Watching that video, this doesn't have to be a portal idea, but when I saw the one guy going through the maze I thought it would be cool to have the one guy in the maze and the other guy separated by glass on top of the maze and the top player has to lead the other player through the maze, and maybe along the way one or the other of them would have to press a button to open the other player's path up. It could work well in a portal multiplayer setting.

Edit: I was referring to the video link posted with the CS kz climbers.

The 'rat in a maze' could work well with a 'reality show' where you have 2 teams, but a variable number of people on team.

Also, I had the idea of bigger buttons; such that would require say 2 people or 2 crates to stand on. This would actually open up weird strategies if you had too many people, as you could stack boxes up. The number of boxes for a lot of the levels would have to be roughly equal to the number of players, so if you had say 8 people, you could build a staircase. Careful layout could block that.

Of course, some people may 'kick the bucket' so the cube droppers would have to be programmed around this, i.e. dropping more cubes if a player dies. This could make for a tough design.

Also, how many portal guns would there be? If there was 1, then it's almost a 'lead the rats' type of puzzle.

== John ==

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next