Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to modify your maps for the upcoming workshop

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next

So if all they are using are instances, then we could probably decompile the entities that do the rating system etc. and put them normally in hammer... while still be able to upload it to the workshop...

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
So if all they are using are instances, then we could probably decompile the entities that do the rating system etc. and put them normally in hammer... while still be able to upload it to the workshop...

It's only a matter of adding one instance that ships with the update for the rating :)

chickenmobile wrote:

The rating window is easy. Its the lines that are giving me a headache.

I plan to do a tutorial about it today or tomorrow the latest

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
chickenmobile wrote:

I can confirm this: I made the instance into a prefab for testing, and it uploaded :P

(this was during beta, prolly still applies now)

Somebody make a "workshop hacks" thread for stuff like that and I'll sticky it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

First off Motanum thanks so much for making all of these videos.

I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction to fix a small problem I am having with the new exit instances in p2editor. I am in the process of modifying all of my maps to work with the workshop, but I am getting an error with the new door_exit_1 instance. When I compile the map it says I have a leak in an area portal, and I have narrowed it do to when I use this instance I get the leak. I have attached my vmf for anyone to look at and see what I am doing wrong.

Patches34 wrote:
First off Motanum thanks so much for making all of these videos.

I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction to fix a small problem I am having with the new exit instances in p2editor. I am in the process of modifying all of my maps to work with the workshop, but I am getting an error with the new door_exit_1 instance. When I compile the map it says I have a leak in an area portal, and I have narrowed it do to when I use this instance I get the leak. I have attached my vmf for anyone to look at and see what I am doing wrong.

That instances has an areaportal, I recomend you open it in hammer and drag that area portal so it is sealed by the brushes of the instance.

Motanum's Website

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
msleeper wrote:
Somebody make a "workshop hacks" thread for stuff like that and I'll sticky it.

At least in the beta you could upload maps that give you like 30 achievments immediatly. Don't care, I already got all of them legitly :p

Motanum's Website

Questions:

1. Can you pack custom content into a .bsp to upload to the workshop?

2. Can you upload co op maps to the workshop?

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

1. Yes, with pakrat (or similiar program)
2. No

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next