Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to modify your maps for the upcoming workshop

Page 1 of 4Next

This is a tutorial I made today about the upcoming workshop.

It deals about how to integrate the new features into your hammer made maps.

Ui2tdv2fbfc

In this tutorial you will learn how to

Play Cave Johnson Lines
    Add a custom light board
    bring up the rate window
    publish a hammer map to the workshop

I plan to do another tutorial, of advanced hammer/workshop features, so you can have more freedom with lightboard, bringing the rate window and playing lines.

The video contains spoiler for the first cave johnson line.

Hope it is useful!

Also, its my first tutorial video. So, give me a break (and tips, mostly tips)

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Thanks for the video. I haven't gotten all the way through it but it's nice to see how things work when the map is ported from the in-game editor. For a first tutorial you are doing pretty well. :thumbup:

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Thanks! The only problem is the lag when I go into the game (Should have used fraps for that). And the fact that people won't get the instances until tuesday.

I also hope Valve doesn't change some of the way stuff in the video works, or I would have to redo a tutorial with the updated instances :p

Motanum's Website

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

I wouldn't really worry too much about that. You could always add an annotation to the video saying that a few of the instances were changed. From the look of it though most of the instances you used, like the lightboard and elevators, were already in the game to begin with. So I doubt there would be too much trouble with. I could, however, be mistaken about that though.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:

RubyCarbuncIe wrote:
I wouldn't really worry too much about that. You could always add an annotation to the video saying that a few of the instances were changed. From the look of it though most of the instances you used, like the lightboard and elevators, were already in the game to begin with. So I doubt there would be too much trouble with. I could, however, be mistaken about that though.

The only 2 instances that are alrady in the game are the first 2 I called. The arrival elevator.

All others are under p2editor folder, and as such, are not out to the public yet.

Motanum's Website

Motanum wrote:
The only 2 instances that are alrady in the game are the first 2 I called. The arrival elevator.

All others are under p2editor folder, and as such, are not out to the public yet.

Hmm, I see I guess a few things have changed from what is already out. I look forward to seeing just how many new instances there are to play with. :D By the way your test chamber looks interesting, I stopped watching once you went in-game because I'd like to play through it sometime.

My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:

Thank you for the work!!

I came,
I saw,
I ran away as fast I could.
My Steam Page
RubyCarbuncIe wrote:
Motanum wrote:

Hmm, I see I guess a few things have changed from what is already out. I look forward to seeing just how many new instances there are to play with. :D By the way your test chamber looks interesting, I stopped watching once you went in-game because I'd like to play through it sometime.

Its actually quite bad :p I might just finish it quickly if I get the time :p

Motanum's Website

One question though. Can you use different entrance elevator instances than the ones you used, or do they have to be those specific ones?

Another Bad Pun wrote:

One question though. Can you use different entrance elevator instances than the ones you used, or do they have to be those specific ones?

I used those specific ones, the problem I had was that when I used elevator_entrance, I could not get the lines to work. And those I used did work pretty simply.

Motanum's Website

Page 1 of 4Next