Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to modify your maps for the upcoming workshop

PreviousPage 4 of 4

that's allot of help. Now I should probably redo all glados sound entities that i have and instead of pointing it to the soundscript , pointing it to the actual glados sounds itself right? I guess you can't embed a sound cache within a map within a system that already has a sound cache running I assume.

The pakrat thing works like a charm, however I can't seem to get the map to open the rate menu.

Do you really need to add a custom trigger in the map with the @pti_level_end thingy ? I added an elevator transit logic from the p2editor instances dir . I just get "end of playtest".

Hey CosmicD!

It looks like the solution I gave you before regarding the videos won't work if you want to use a custom video, it only works for the stock videos, and since they all are already into each one's computer, it doesn't make much sense to pak them into the bsp.

I've been messing around with the scripts that manage the elevators videos (video_splitter.nut script into portal2/portal2/scripts/vscripts/videos folder) to see if I could obtain from there something that might help, because the thing is that the videos seems to be pre-cached in the very beginning when you run the game / or / they must be physically under your media folder for them to work out and be shown. There is a funtion into that script called Precache() but after doing some test around that I can't make it to work. Check what I'm talking about:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

I've read the first part of the script also, where it appears all campaign maps and the video that the script wants to assign to each of them... but even though adding there my test map and my test video and running the function Precache() via a logic_script entity and a logic_auto in my test map, I can't make it to work.

Dude, I don't know much about scripting (yet) so I'm only doing trial and error, and it takes a lot of time. Would you by any chance know more than me about vscripting? It'd be nice if someone with scripting knowledge enough could give us a hand :D

CosmicD wrote:
Do you really need to add a custom trigger in the map with the @pti_level_end thingy ? I added an elevator transit logic from the p2editor instances dir . I just get "end of playtest".

I've read above what you're doing to trigger that relay, it's simpler than that (and I started to do the same as you to no avail). What I do is to modify the logic_relay called "@transition_from_map" into my "arrival_departure_transition_ents" instance adding a new output like so:

OnTrigger > @relay_pti_level_end > Trigger delay: 8.00
(ofc you can change the delay, I use to let the player go up through the elevator turbine for a while, then I show some text then make the PTI vote appears...)

Triggering directly the logic_relay called "@relay_pti_level_end", as long as it has a "@" prefix, will work even though it's into an instance. Try it.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

right.. thanks for the info. I guess I'll just add that in the stock instance so I always have it when modifying the maps.

For now, I wonder if you guys would like to check out my demo map:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =115969162

Someone comments that they start "in a box" which tytpically means some script is missing. However I don't understand why that should happen.

I just tried your map and in fact you are spawn into the arrival_departure_transition_ents instance (into the box where the info_player is located)... did you edit that instances and forgot any output to make the player be teleported to the elevator? because that is what it looks like.

Also some custom materials appear to be missing... did you use pakrat's automatic scan feature to pack them?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

yeah, I was using my custom transitions to read from custom transition list, so I guess that's the problem there.

ANd if you mean the "white" in the button room, that's normal. Maybe show a screenshot ?

Yes i use the "auto" feature when compiling the map so all extra materials and sounds are added.

updated the map:

Used standard transition ents and modified that one to include the pti rate window stuff...

If the "texture error" still happens, might that be because included in bsp files can't be in caps..

there's this fake_white.vtf which has a FAKE_WHITE.vmt , perhaps that's the problem and I can fix that later.

PreviousPage 4 of 4