Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FINALLY Swirl Portals

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next
reepblue wrote:
Well it has to be possable. Valve did it...

Yeah and Valve has the FULL source code to all their games. We have yet to gain access to the Source code for Portal, or the Shaders, If i had the shader source I could edit it to toggle the textures and make the portals processed in DX8 and everything else in DX9. But i dont have access.

PortalFan77 wrote:
Yeah and Valve has the FULL source code to all their games. We have yet to gain access to the Source code for Portal, or the Shaders, If i had the shader source I could edit it to toggle the textures and make the portals processed in DX8 and everything else in DX9. But i dont have access.

True.. I wish you can find that in Google.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

Hmm... maybe while you're in the process of making more cartoon-ish portals, see what you can do with the portal gun and cubes as well? possibly cel-shaded or ink-edged? :D

Duffedwaffe wrote:
Hmm... maybe while you're in the process of making more cartoon-ish portals, see what you can do with the portal gun and cubes as well? possibly cel-shaded or ink-edged? :D

Yeah I had that idea with CabooseJr, I thought of making Portal resemble TF2 but decided against it as did he. :P

I may look into it in the future, but right now I am trying to recreate the Pre Release material.

PortalFan77 wrote:
I may look into it in the future, but right now I am trying to recreate the Pre Release material.

And it is the stuff that I want!

Plus I made my indicators look like Beta Portal, but they are current portal colors. If you want I can make them Beta coded so when people download your Beta pack, (If you plan to get all of your works and put them into one file) they have Beta textures...

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

reepblue wrote:
And it is the stuff that I want!

Plus I made my indicators look like Beta Portal, but they are current portal colors. If you want I can make them Beta coded so when people download your Beta pack, (If you plan to get all of your works and put them into one file) they have Beta textures...

I right now made a sourcemod called Portal: Project Beta, I am still working on it, I think I will finish it, then upload it for your enjoyment.
Here is an OLD OLD picture.
[img]http://www.actiontrip.com/images/portal_mappack.jpg[/img]

PortalFan77 wrote:
I right now made a sourcemod called Portal: Project Beta, I am still working on it, I think I will finish it, then upload it for your enjoyment.
Here is an OLD OLD picture.
[img]http://www.actiontrip.com/images/portal_mappack.jpg[/img]

0_o Were did you dig that from. And the indicator strips did not toggle. Portal came a long way. Yeah, If you want them, tell me..

EDIT, I can also make you other things, like the old Orb Catcher and other things.

PortalFan77 wrote:

No animated textures do not require Source Code, at all.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

Hey PortalFan,

I wipped this map in a hour based on one of the beta maps. Perhaps you can use this in your mod?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxit1XDq09o

I think I would prefer to not have the old untextured bitmaps.

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next