Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FINALLY Swirl Portals

PreviousPage 5 of 5
PortalFan77 wrote:
I right now made a sourcemod called Portal: Project Beta, I am still working on it, I think I will finish it, then upload it for your enjoyment.
Here is an OLD OLD picture.
[img]http://www.actiontrip.com/images/portal_mappack.jpg[/img]

Where can I get that portal effect? I want that effect!

Also...Where can we download the effect this Thread was started for?

Err. . .

the portals can not be made cause the animation can not be made according to Portalfan. So DX8 users will get the swirly portals only. .

In Project beta, DX9 users will get flame portals. If you want, when it is done copy and paste the portals in your portal folder. . . But that will be a while. Why can't you use the default portals?

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

I just want the portal in the picture. I have DX10...so...at least my DX is a high enough version...

Test Subject wrote:
I just want the portal in the picture. I have DX10...so...at least my DX is a high enough version...

#1: Alpha flame recreation is impossible

#2: Spire Recreation is impossible in DX9

#3: Spiral Animated recreation is impossible in DX8

#4: You can make still standing Portals in DX9 by removing the Noise blur from the equation, thus gives you a ring Portal.

#5: Changing the Portal type in DX9 is impossible, unless you remove noise blur and edit the coloration to avoid ugly triangular shapes in the base and occasionally sides of the Portal.

PortalFan77 wrote:
#1: Alpha flame recreation is impossible

#2: Spire Recreation is impossible in DX9

#3: Spiral Animated recreation is impossible in DX8

#4: You can make still standing Portals in DX9 by removing the Noise blur from the equation, thus gives you a ring Portal.

#5: Changing the Portal type in DX9 is impossible, unless you remove noise blur and edit the coloration to avoid ugly triangular shapes in the base and occasionally sides of the Portal.

I don't mod for portal, so...could you explain that in non-modder speak, please?

I think I made it as simple as I could. :/

I suppose it couldn't be simpler?

PreviousPage 5 of 5