Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FINALLY Swirl Portals

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
MrTwoVideoCards wrote:
No animated textures do not require Source Code, at all.

Would you like to know how portal processes Animated textures in DX9?

DX9 uses a Noise blur and basically moves it around to create a portal, edit the VMT and remove the noise blur, you remove the animation.

To change the way Portal processes portals, you need the source code, believe me Ive tried as many things as I can.

Well I've done animated textures like that so far, and it's worked for me :D.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.
MrTwoVideoCards wrote:
Well I've done animated textures like that so far, and it's worked for me :D.

Like what? Using a noise blur? You could easily make swirls for DX9 with a noise blur, if you had access to the code for the way portals process a noise blur.

I am working on Spirals, but they will be for DX8 people only for now :(. The issue is their animation does not play AT ALL. instead all the frames show as an opening animation......

Ouch, that sucks.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

On a side note I am reworking my spiral portals for DX9. I have yet to add in the white swirl, my last ones were a bit cartoonish, these will be my better ones.

Here they are so far, dont mind the particles thats just Pelpix's stuff that I like.

I would actually help to see the portals much better without Pelpix's particles.

Are youmaking the Portals from the Teaser trailer? They look alot better!

Zakatak757 wrote:
Are youmaking the Portals from the Teaser trailer? They look alot better!

Oh, much more then that. ;)

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
PortalFan77 wrote:
Would you like to know how portal processes Animated textures in DX9?

DX9 uses a Noise blur and basically moves it around to create a portal, edit the VMT and remove the noise blur, you remove the animation.

To change the way Portal processes portals, you need the source code, believe me Ive tried as many things as I can.

I like this one better than the previous one. Can you make it so that the portal aren't just ovals, but like the flamey portal in the real game? Then it would look like the early version of portal.

BTW, heres the old portals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTaQdJlpGyA

nibbler234 wrote:
I like this one better than the previous one. Can you make it so that the portal aren't just ovals, but like the flamey portal in the real game? Then it would look like the early version of portal.

BTW, heres the old portals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTaQdJlpGyA

Um #1 Im using those particles with Pelpix's permission.

#2 I already finished a noise blur for DX9 users, and i made it as close to the early portal as possible.

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next