Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FINALLY Swirl Portals

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next
PortalFan77 wrote:
Yep I guess it is about the same graphics card, considering RAM its about the same in power. :)

Oh yes while working on recreating the Beta I decided to reskin the male Citizen, I am still working on it though.

Also I got a modeler who may be able to help me get the citizen rigged for portal :D.

Maybe you can make him create the Beta Portalgun.(?)

So yeah, Can't wait for these portals!

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
reepblue wrote:
Maybe you can make him create the Beta Portalgun.(?)

So yeah, Can't wait for these portals!

THE CURRENT GUN IS SAME MODEL

The reason why they changed the placement is due to clipping issues. In the original trailer and many videos after when they point the gun up you can see through the back of it.

PortalFan77 wrote:
THE CURRENT GUN IS SAME MODEL

The reason why they changed the placement is due to clipping issues. In the original trailer and many videos after when they point the gun up you can see through the back of it.

Oh, thats why.

But I did see one model that looked like the current model but Chell placed her hand on the tip of it. Maybe you male model can do that so the player/Mappers/Modders can tell the difference. (But then again, it may been removed from clipping issues.)

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

To get the portalgun to be more like the beta, you would move the portalgun_effects sprite to the front of the gun and move it the gun up a bit just like it was in the trailer except now since it has different shooting animations, I don't believe we shall have clipping issues.

Yeah yeah I know we have all seen this video.

Look at 1:33 for a split second you will see through the gun and look at 1:34 - 1:40

When the gun is pointed up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w

Also I am currently working on getting these portal textures animated and setup properly for release. :D

CabooseJr wrote:
To get the portalgun to be more like the beta, you would move the portalgun_effects sprite to the front of the gun and move it the gun up a bit just like it was in the trailer except now since it has different shooting animations, I don't believe we shall have clipping issues.

Even if you do have the clipping issue, how come you can't just fill it in with the handle and the hand?

Well I am having some issues with the animation not playing ingame. :(

I do not think animated textures are possible in Portal, well I am going to release these Spiral DX8 portals.

So Reepblue just wait for me, I will include the animated and non animated VTFs.

PortalFan77 wrote:
Well I am having some issues with the animation not playing ingame. :(

I do not think animated textures are possible in Portal

I'm not a moder, but can you toggle textures?

reepblue wrote:
I'm not a moder, but can you toggle textures?

Well some things require the source code, which we have yet to gain access to for portal.

PortalFan77 wrote:
Well some things require the source code, which we have yet to gain access to for portal.

Well it has to be possable. Valve did it...

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next