Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FINALLY Swirl Portals

Page 1 of 5Next

After hours and hours and hours of work and the Collaboration from a few people.

WE DID IT, WE FREAKING DID IT.

Thanks to Caboosejr for setting up the textures and fixing the alpha channel.

EXPECT A RELEASE VERY SOON PEOPLE, I PLAN ON ANIMATING :D

Looks fairly decent, though the material appears to be missing AA.

Also, your signature is way to big.

taco wrote:
Looks fairly decent, though the material appears to be missing AA.

Also, your signature is way to big.

My PC cannot handle AA, my graphics card is a DX10 card but not one of the better ones. I have everything on highest, but once I turn on AA I lag out :(.

I don't mean game AA, I mean AA while making the actual texture/material.

The swirls texture is blurry, jagged, and has spots of white in it - it needs some work.

Unfortunately, it's only for people that run the game on DX8 and while he was working on that, I was working on this.

Yep as of now it is for people who run DX8, I am working on a way to get them working fully in DX9. in the mean time I'll fix them up and probably set them up for a release for DX8 people.

The DX9 portals are processed in an ENTIRELY different way than DX8.

PortalFan77 wrote:
After hours and hours and hours of work and the Collaboration from a few people.

WE DID IT, WE FREAKING DID IT.

Thanks to Caboosejr for setting up the textures and fixing the alpha channel.

EXPECT A RELEASE VERY SOON PEOPLE, I PLAN ON ANIMATING :D

:cake:

I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD THIS!!

But also, My graphics card is also a DX10. Your older skins did not work on my PC. I hope this works since We have the same type of graphics card.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
reepblue wrote:
:cake:

I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD THIS!!

But also, My graphics card is also a DX10. Your older skins did not work on my PC. I hope this works since We have the same type of graphics card.

What card do you have, I play in DX9 but to do special work I do DX8. I have a EVGA Geforce 8600GT 256MB.

PortalFan77 wrote:
What card do you have, I play in DX9 but to do special work I do DX8. I have a EVGA Geforce 8600GT 256MB.

Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT 512MB. DX10.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
reepblue wrote:
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT 512MB. DX10.

Yep I guess it is about the same graphics card, considering RAM its about the same in power. :)

Oh yes while working on recreating the Beta I decided to reskin the male Citizen, I am still working on it though.

Also I got a modeler who may be able to help me get the citizen rigged for portal :D.

[img]http://www.zilefile.com/files/2783_ttwsn/hl2%202008-08-08%2019-00-23-85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.zilefile.com/files/2784_vfkzb/hl2%202008-08-08%2019-00-38-39.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 5Next