Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod (FGEMOD)

PreviousPage 5 of 24Next

You'll have to wait for Ben's version for that, sorry.

Falsi sumus crusto!

So, if a person creates a test (For example, I just made a FGE/PTI map) that uses custom elements, do you have to pack those files in manually or does it do that when the PTI/FGE editor builds the test chamber?

Signatures are overrated.

It can if you have FudgePacker and tell it to scan. That isn't built-in at the moment, but I'll distribute it with the next version.

Also, you don't always need to pack anything. If you're using the fire stuff (except the lemons), for example, or the gel-shooting cubes, you don't need to pack because I only used built-in resources.

Falsi sumus crusto!

True, but for example, SoT and Sendificator elements need to be packed. I do have FudgePacker, I just haven't used it yet.

Signatures are overrated.

Ah, then, there are (or should be) lists for the Sendificator and HEP included. I have the proper info_nulls in the instances to pack them.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I copied the hmw folder to instances like you said to that other fellow and I still get error building the map.

Go to Portal 2/sdk_content/maps and open preview.log. There should be an error code near the bottom. What does it say?

(Or put "developer 1" in the console and try to build, then read from the screen.)

Falsi sumus crusto!

Nothing stands out to me as an error code in this gigantic notepad, same with trying to build after entering 'developer 1' into the console.

Hm. Look at the very bottom of the file?

Falsi sumus crusto!

Is this it? :S

materialPath: C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonPortal 2portal2materials
Loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/sdk_contentmaps/preview.vmf
ConVarRef gpu_level doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not open instance file instances/hmw/gadgets/sendtor_manager.vmf

Loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/sdk_contentmaps/preview.vmf

PreviousPage 5 of 24Next