Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod (FGEMOD)

Page 1 of 24Next

An editor for the editor, which allows you to choose your test elements. Includes at least as many new ones as there are originals. Includes HMW's mod and the BEEMOD elements.

Note: There's currently an error unless you have this package installed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51831059/Portal ... _v5_src.7z . Sorry about that.

File Name: fgemod.7z
File Size: 15.11 MiB
Click here to download Felix Griffin's Editor Mod (FGEMOD)

Falsi sumus crusto!

1) 3 missing files to load this program, which i had to google to launch it :
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
pdcurses.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
2) I cant use fullscreen mode or at least to make window larger to use this program more comfortable. (default screensize is very small and its hard to see anything there)
3) After i replaced all files and tried to launch portal 2 it crashes without any errors/windows at the start after intro video.

My maps : 1

1) Fixed, try downloading again. I forgot that it needed those, I tried to static-link it but I guess it failed.

2) Right-click in the top-left corner of the window and change the defaults, for some reason CMD doesn't like people changing the window size. You'll need to relaunch the program after you do this.

3) That's usually caused by a bad file in the Science directory, although I don't know why it would do that now. Try deleting your editoritems.txt and running it again?

Falsi sumus crusto!

1) working
2) working
3) the problem with crash was definitely because of "broken" editoritems.txt file. I've tried to delete it and let fgemod rebuild it, but game didnt want to start. I solved it asking original editoritems.txt file from my friend, now game works.
I tried to change editoritems.txt with fgemod, game started, but i cant compile in-game any puzzle. Even if i start puzzlemaker, and compile it without adding anything i see an error.
VBSP failed.

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Aug 27 2012)
2 threads
materialPath: D:GamesSteamsteamappscommonPortal 2portal2materials
Loading D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/sdk_contentmaps/preview.vmf
ConVarRef gpu_level doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not open instance file instances/hmw/gadgets/sendtor_manager.vmf

Problems:

1) Adds everything, WTF?
2) Should display what items are chosen
3) Once it got to the bottom of the list, it could not open useful_items.test and crashed.

3) Oh, oops, I'm stupid. I didn't pack HMW's entities in the files. Download the Sendificate source code and it will all start working.

1) It adds everything, so you can open a puzzle including faith plates even if they aren't selected. There's no limit on the number of items in the file. The limit is on the palette slots.

2) Did you select any? YOu need to use the arrow keys to browse, then hit SPACE to select one. Selected ones show up with a little star next to their name in the list.

3) Try redownloading. If it could open the file to add the name to the list, something must have happened before it tried to read it later.

EDIT: About the second 3, actually, I think I know what happened. It breaks on the last item of the list if there aren't any selected when it builds, because it needs something to "cover up" the unused items in the first palette slot.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
3) Oh, oops, I'm stupid. I didn't pack HMW's entities in the files. Download the Sendificate source code and it will all start working.

1) It adds everything, so you can open a puzzle including faith plates even if they aren't selected. There's no limit on the number of items in the file. The limit is on the palette slots.

2) Did you select any? YOu need to use the arrow keys to browse, then hit SPACE to select one. Selected ones show up with a little star next to their name in the list.

3) Try redownloading. If it could open the file to add the name to the list, something must have happened before it tried to read it later.

EDIT: About the second 3, actually, I think I know what happened. It breaks on the last item of the list if there aren't any selected when it builds, because it needs something to "cover up" the unused items in the first palette slot.

Thanks! Also, could you somehow make a custom menu for choreo so that GLaDOS lines can be easily read as what she says? It would be annoying to do, but worth it for people who want the lines (like me)

Also, build errors when I try to run the puzzle.

Code: Select all
VBSP failed.

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Nov  5 2012)
2 threads
materialPath: C:Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonportal 2portal2materials
Loading C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/portal 2/sdk_contentmaps/preview.vmf
ConVarRef gpu_level doesn't point to an existing ConVar
material "effects/physler" not found.
Material not found!: EFFECTS/PHYSLER
Could not open instance file instances/hmw/gadgets/sendtor_manager.vmf

Unfortunately, it's impossible to make custom menus in the editor. Otherwise I'd do it for the choreo and the skybox. I'm not going to do this because it requires the DLC3 hack, but it is possible to edit the timer images to add a bit of text under the ones digit. If you find a way to get that working, I'll gladly add it to the mod. :)

About the sendtor stuff: I forgot a few instances, download and install this to fix it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51831059/Portal ... _v5_src.7z

Falsi sumus crusto!

finally it's working !

Page 1 of 24Next