Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod (FGEMOD)

PreviousPage 22 of 24Next

All the FGEMOD-specific items start with "fge_", so you could just select those. You can't just add them all, because they won't fit and start overlaying on top of one another.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
All the FGEMOD-specific items start with "fge_", so you could just select those. You can't just add them all, because they won't fit and start overlaying on top of one another.

Understood. Thanks!

If you figured out how to get world portals working, please send them to me! I'll add them to the BEE2.

Fedebenarg: I made a similar mistake when I downloaded the source, which is why you can't just drop sdk_content onto sdk_content to install it. I copied from instances_hmw to instances/hmw by mistake. :P

Falsi sumus crusto!

How working the skyboxes?

I don't think the doors are ready for release just yet. They have a few bugs and a race condition inherent in the method the doors use to connect to each other. I need to rewrite the script to make it work better.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

Arkanit: Are you asking how the skybox objects work? The skybox is a cool system built into the Source engine but almost never used in Portal 2. I'm taking advantage of it here.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Arkanit: Are you asking how the skybox objects work? The skybox is a cool system built into the Source engine but almost never used in Portal 2. I'm taking advantage of it here.

Is it working? (Because it didn't, and could not, when I last tested, because none of the skybox textures referred actually exist in the game, and those that do, are rendered wrong.)

Which is because I stupidly didn't include them in the download. You can get at least one of them from the Shadows of Time, or wait a couple days for the BEE2 beta.

Falsi sumus crusto!
TeamSpen210 wrote:
It adds them all so you can open maps using different items properly, even if they aren't in the pallette. I have all four pti mods installed, they shouldn't affect anything negatively. The not rebuilding problem is related to the sendificator.

FelixGriffin wrote:
... This is the infamous Sendificator Bug again. You need to download this package: HMW's Source
Open it with 7Zip, then find the folder inside it called maps/instances_hmw/gadgets. Copy this folder to maps/instances/hmw/gadgets (note the slash between instances and hmw!) and try to build your test again.

Hopefully it will work for you after this. :)

Hi I did do this, but no sure if i did it right as it still wont rebuild:

IN the "...Portal 2portal2mapsinstances" I didnt have a HMW folder so I created one and put the gadgets folder in there.

I have put the sendifcator contents in the correct places. What am I doing wrong?

Can you check inside the gadgets folder for a file called "sendtor_manager.vmf"? It needs to be inside that one folder. If it is, can you tell us what error messages you get in the developer console when the build fails?

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
PreviousPage 22 of 24Next