Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod (FGEMOD)

PreviousPage 21 of 24Next

I'm a bit hesitant to ask it, and if you don't think it's a good idea then don't do it, but in working on BEE2 is there any way you could make 1-tile-sized world portals an included item?

I don't know much about how this stuff works, but I imagine it might be slightly difficult to do since a pair has to be linked together with names and stuff. If it's too much trouble don't bother, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Arkanit wrote:
Okay, thanks, it works!
But, I have an another question, can I use FGEMOD with Style Changer?
When yes, how?

Yes, just use it like normal. They both replace the same editoritems.txt files. It'll work fine, but don't open maps with FGEMOD items when running a stylechanger style. The game will delete the FGEMOD items from that map.

purgatory wrote:
Since I installed this it wont rebuild. Also the first time I used it I stupidly selected them all but now when I just select specific ones it still Adds them all?

Any Help is much appreciated. I have BEEMOD, HMW, and StyleChanger installed from a while back does this affect it?

It adds them all so you can open maps using different items properly, even if they aren't in the pallette. I have all four pti mods installed, they shouldn't affect anything negatively. The not rebuilding problem is related to the sendificator.

FelixGriffin wrote:
... This is the infamous Sendificator Bug again. You need to download this package: HMW's Source
Open it with 7Zip, then find the folder inside it called maps/instances_hmw/gadgets. Copy this folder to maps/instances/hmw/gadgets (note the slash between instances and hmw!) and try to build your test again.

Hopefully it will work for you after this. :)

Xindaris wrote:
I'm a bit hesitant to ask it, and if you don't think it's a good idea then don't do it, but in working on BEE2 is there any way you could make 1-tile-sized world portals an included item?
I don't know much about how this stuff works, but I imagine it might be slightly difficult to do since a pair has to be linked together with names and stuff. If it's too much trouble don't bother, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I had an idea about how to do this, packaging two worldportals as an exit/entry door. That way people will be less likely to tile one hundred worldportals together. I don't know if it'll work though, but the BEE2's custom compiler could allow you to add anything.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

The one problem with the world portals would be linking them together, as you indicated. I suppose I could try to use a timer and a short script to do it...I'll have to try this.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
The one problem with the world portals would be linking them together, as you indicated. I suppose I could try to use a timer and a short script to do it...I'll have to try this.

I was thinking about making one worldportal send an input of setPartner !activator to the other. I don't know if this will work right through IO proxies. The other input would be fired every time the door toggles, so the doors match each other using one input.

Edit: Turns out worldportals don't understand !activator. This won't work at all.It'll need scripts, or maybe a custom compile setting that adds instance keyvalues.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

Hello! I downloaded the FGEMOD, but when I try to compile the puzzle, it doesn't works. What can I do?

Emphasizing that I'm pretty ignorant of how it all works, is there any way you could make it so that the player links two worldportals using the connection function and then (when compiling) a script links them, and spits out an error for any mispaired ones? If that behavior was clearly documented in the selector thing I imagine it'd be pretty easy to figure out.

fedebenarg wrote:
Hello! I downloaded the FGEMOD, but when I try to compile the puzzle, it doesn't works. What can I do?

FelixGriffin wrote:
... This is the infamous Sendificator Bug again. You need to download this package: HMW's Source
Open it with 7Zip, then find the folder inside it called maps/instances_hmw/gadgets. Copy this folder to maps/instances/hmw/gadgets (note the slash between instances and hmw!) and try to build your test again.

Hopefully it will work for you after this. :)

I'm so glad I searched for the error on google rather than adding another of those to the thread...

Yes. I saw that post, and I have already did that. Still nothing

Xindaris wrote:
Emphasizing that I'm pretty ignorant of how it all works, is there any way you could make it so that the player links two worldportals using the connection function and then (when compiling) a script links them, and spits out an error for any mispaired ones? If that behavior was clearly documented in the selector thing I imagine it'd be pretty easy to figure out.

I got it working:

The doors sync themselves when they are first opened. If two pairs open at once, they could get linked multiple times to each other and in general mess up. In the worst-case senario, the worldportal won't work so the doors will open up to a blank wall. I'm able to pass through the inputs so the doors open and close simutanously.

fedebenarg wrote:

After it fails to compile, can you post what the developer console says? That'll list the actual problem.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
fedebenarg wrote:

After it fails to compile, can you post what the developer console says? That'll list the actual problem.

That will no be necessary... BECAUSE IM A STUPID!!! I send the file from sendificator to 'instances/HWM/gadgets/', and not to 'instances/HMW/gadgets/'

I have only a last question. Is there a way to see ALL the available items on FGEMOD in the items palette?

PreviousPage 21 of 24Next