Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod (FGEMOD)

PreviousPage 23 of 24Next

It's awesome when fans of your mod are able to fix each others' problems before you even see them. :)

TeamSpen, you're exactly right.

Falsi sumus crusto!

You should probably update the download to include that file, so people stop having this issue.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Can you check inside the gadgets folder for a file called "sendtor_manager.vmf"? It needs to be inside that one folder. If it is, can you tell us what error messages you get in the developer console when the build fails?

I sendtor_manager is in the gadgets folder as I copied from the zip and I am getting the same error as everyone else before they install sendificate but I have copied the files accross as instructed in the readme.

Quote:
vbsp_styles: Saved modified C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsstyledpreview.vmf
vbsp_styles: Changed 0 materials.
vbsp_styles: -game "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/portal2/" "C:Program FileValve Software - vbsp.exe (May 30 2013)
4 threads
materialPath: C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2portal2materials
Loading C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsstyledpreview.vmf
ConVarRef gpu_level doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not open instance file instances/hmw/gadgets/sendtor_manager.vmf

s (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsstyledpreview.vmf"
vbsp_styles: Making C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/portal2/puzzles76561197998442289untitled.jpg writable

These are the steps I took:
1. Installed Fgemod to portal_dlc2
2. Copied zipped Sendificate content to portal2/portal2
3. Created hmw folder in maps/instances.
4. Copied gadgets folder from maps/instances_hmw to the new hmw folder contains sendtor manager and other files.
5. Run fgemod selected a few elements.
6. Run portal rebuild default map, the above error.

If I use the style changer from kenner after then it rebuilds on any style in that selection.

It should be in sdk_content. Is it?

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

Find that sendtor_manager, open the file properties (from the right-click menu), and copy-paste the full path here.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Find that sendtor_manager, open the file properties (from the right-click menu), and copy-paste the full path here.

Thanks I have it working now :), did a clean install and did every thing over and all mods are working.

Do any of you know how to change the main image of a test image before publishing using the test folders?
Also is there a way of using fgemod and style changer to use fg objects with 1970s or a way to do it manually?

I believe that pressing F5 in a map to manually take a preview screenshot will still work while using FGEmod instances. Try pressing it and see if the stylechanger will change the preview image.

Having old fgemod items is more complicated, because each style is basically a complete new version of all the items. A bunch of the fgemod items probably wouldn't fit at all, like choreo lines or vacuum tubes. It would be possible to manually copy fgemod items into a stylechanger editoritems.txt to let you use the current clean-style ones in a 1970s chamber.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

Hi, this might be a dumb question. But, when I was compiling the stuff I wanted to use, I saw something about an Animal King instance as it was building everything, but I never had the option to actually enable it in the exe. Is there a way I can do that?

Also, though neither are crucial to the puzzle I'm making, the Physics Field displays incorrect textures when I compile maps and doesn't keep out cubes and othersuch objects, and the security cameras don't even show up in the map when I put them in. And finally, the Sendificator won't set cubes through portals, they just stop at the wall the Sendificator's laser goes to. Did I do something wrong installing? Should I try and run the exe again?

1) Try resizing your window, or scolling down past the bottom. There are more items than can fit on your screen, but with the BEE2 imminent, I don't think it's going to be fixed.

2) The physics field is fixed in the BEE2, and I gave up on cameras because I couldn't ever get them working. :P

3) That's very odd...oh. I think I know what it is. This is really stupid, but you have to have your primary observation room to one side of all portals you're going to place.

Falsi sumus crusto!
PreviousPage 23 of 24Next