Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Companion Cube Chronicles (spoilers inside)

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next

Thanks guys for your support. I've just managed to create a button/door thingy and a ball launcher this evening :)

msleeper: Think of a fictional games company name and write it down. Now, I can guarantee you that more people have heard of the company on that piece of paper than the one I work for. But if you must know, I work for Atomic Planet. We're located in Middlesbrough (recently declared Britain's worst place to live :P ) and I honestly haven't a clue whether we're hiring or not.

Crooked Paul: I was thinking of maybe taking all of GLaDOS' dialogue, cutting it up into word bites, and making collage-like sentences out of them. Hopefully this shouldn't sound too terrible due to the computery voice, but if it does, I might try to do a text thing like in MINERVA.

deathremains: I have an ending in mind, that hopefully isn't TOO cliche, but still appeals to cake fans :) depends if I can work out how to import new models/animations.

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

Ok first question, and if it's answered tonight, I may be able to treat you all to a juicy spoiler of a screenshot :)

Is there any reason why a retextured model, which shows up fine both in the model viewer and hammer, won't show up in game? It's a prop_physics entity. (don't want to give away much more as it may ruin the suprise)

edit: doesn't work as a static either.

Check the fade distances.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

They're the same as the original object.

Do you think it might be a "needs the SDK update" thing? Since I can only load the model from the mod folder I made, not the actual Portal folder...if that makes sense.

I might just make a screenshot of what it looks like in hammer, because I would like a bit of feedback on this.

edit: Interesting. It just worked fine when I loaded up the map in the mod itself instead of in portal. But obviously a lot of other portal things didn't show up. but at least I now have my screenshots. See below:

Ok I'm going to have to explain this before showing it, and in doing so, I'll be revealing some story spoilers. So, if you want to be a beta tester for this game and give feedback, then by all means, continue. But if you want to enjoy it as intended, then it would be preferred to not look at this until the project is finished. That way it will be nice and fresh.

Ok so here's the explanation:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

I can't wait to hear from you guys. I'm getting more excited by this project every day :D

sounds like an awesome story, you have my full support.

on the

Spoiler
itself

Spoiler

all that aside it looks like this is going to be awesome!

Thanks

Spoiler

Spoiler

No, seriously, keep it coming, this is good :)

Although what exactly do you mean by bolder? do you mean redder? darker? thicker? sorry.

Wroth wrote:
what exactly do you mean by bolder? do you mean redder? darker? thicker? sorry.

a combination of each.

you mentioned the

Spoiler
how big do you intend to make the map branch? this could be a quite exciting gameplay element if you get it right.

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next