Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 58 of 60Next

You'll want to run the stylechanger exe in your portal 2 folder, so the wall textures change correctly. You'll want to install the latest copy of my mod, since I did some changes to the relays/catchers.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

Hi Guys,

I've been using BEEMOD for quite some time now, and I think its awesome, thank you sooo much! I do have a few questions though:

1. How do i get the vucuum tubes to work in PTI? Everytime I compile a map in portal 2's editor with beemod's vacuum tubes, the game crashes, without error.

2. I can't seem to figure out how to use the portal deflection cube. Shooting portal at it doesn't do a thing...

3. Catwalks can only be placed on the ground, so a horizontal face. But then there's no real use for them because you'll always need a floor, so a floating catwalk can't be done...?

4. I am still figuring out how to use the glados choreo box, do you always need some kind of trigger for her to start talking? And does the style make any difference? (i understand that no voices means no glados, and in the 19##'s there's Cave, so i understand, but in clean style I cannot trigger her tot talk?)

Thank you in advance! I would really like to know how this all works! I'm excited to use those items!

Try putting the walkways on the ceiling instead. Install my mod to get the deflection cubes to work. The choreo box would only work in clean style, connect an input of some kind (probably a trigger), and set the timer value to a number between 3 and 10. I'm currently working on doing fixes to these various items, so they'll work better in the future.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
Matthie456 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've been using BEEMOD for quite some time now, and I think its awesome, thank you sooo much! I do have a few questions though:

1. How do i get the vucuum tubes to work in PTI? Everytime I compile a map in portal 2's editor with beemod's vacuum tubes, the game crashes, without error.

2. I can't seem to figure out how to use the portal deflection cube. Shooting portal at it doesn't do a thing...

3. Catwalks can only be placed on the ground, so a horizontal face. But then there's no real use for them because you'll always need a floor, so a floating catwalk can't be done...?

4. I am still figuring out how to use the glados choreo box, do you always need some kind of trigger for her to start talking? And does the style make any difference? (i understand that no voices means no glados, and in the 19##'s there's Cave, so i understand, but in clean style I cannot trigger her tot talk?)

Thank you in advance! I would really like to know how this all works! I'm excited to use those items!

AFAIK Portal Deflection Cubes are still broken. They were badly designed to begin with and didn't scale well. But if enough people want them, I can see about rebuilding them.

As TS said, catwalks are meant to go on the ceiling.

Choreo boxes always need triggers, use a monostable or a trigger_once if you want the line to only happen once.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I readded the required global_ents entities so they work now, but the only problem they really have is with detecting the player's portal shot - they don't do any check to see if there are walls in the way. I can't really think a of any good solution though, other than adding a check in the Vscript.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
You'll want to run the stylechanger exe in your portal 2 folder, so the wall textures change correctly. You'll want to install the latest copy of my mod, since I did some changes to the relays/catchers.

Thanks ! I did it, the catcher works, but not the relay.

The "Portal Magnet" item doesn't seem to work (very well) when placed on the floor or ceiling. When placed on a wall it funtions admirably, yet placed on the floor it still allows for portals to be shot in all kinds of angles. Only when you shoot the portal from a good distance/height, or when you aim all the way to the side of the pad, does it actually center/straighten the portal.

This is a big pity because I had hoped this item would finally allow me to build a puzzle that I otherwise cannot build because of the small position varieties of portals on a single pad.

Hi. First let me say I am very thankful for Bee2. I think it is a fantastic addition to the somewhat limited in game puzzle editor. I find it of great use.

I would like to know a few semi-advanced things? First, how do you compile objects into a single menu entry? As in what happens with the buttons, cubes, and paint gels when using portal 2 collapsed layout? I would like to do the same to panels (flipping wall panel/glass panel/breakable glass panel, etc), and angled panels, and gave the coding a shot, but couldn't get it to work.

The other thing - also related - is I would like to create my own bee2 addon pack, but wouldn't know where to start. I'd like to add some decorative props, like trees, props to make my own enterable observation booth, basically decor and easter eggs. I saw a thread in the steam workshop for adding hammer objects to the pti, but in the comments it said there were coding errors in the tutorial.

Oh also, regarding Bee2, when I try to use the "Dice signage 1" item, it crashes my portal 2 to dekstop immediately upon trying to drag it onto the map without fail. Is it broken?

You can't really collapse objects, beyond the ways the default items are. Most of the time if the items were able to be collapsed together they are already. The way to add items is to learn how to use hammer first. Then take a look at the various instances I or others have made and the various .beec item collections. The dice signage would likely be broken, but I will be fixing it + restyling it.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

Is there a way to get the Wheatley Style for BEE2?

PreviousPage 58 of 60Next