Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 59 of 60Next

No one has made one yet.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

Kinda silly bug, but the selection area on pellet launchers and catchers is rotated 60 degrees the wrong way. Hovering over the "arms" doesn't select it, but the space between them does. Selections on the 4x2x1 block tool are a little wonky and frustrating to work with. Their mesh seems to be a small cube rather far away from the block itself. Can't selection meshes change with each button type?

The blocks don't actually have a selection mesh - the cube thing is the default one. The meshes can change based on the models. I messaged Rantis about the HEP stuff.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

The selection mesh is a separate model that has to be created, most of the custom items people make don't have their own selection mesh. When there isn't a custom mesh set, the game uses a default small select-able area in the center of the voxel the item ocupies

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

Does anyone think that they could make a program that adds instances into BEE2 Collections? So that way the community would be able to create an instance in hammer then use a program to put the instance into BEE2 As a PTI Item. That would be amazing :)

I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here

Hopefully it should be easier with the new system to add an item. I might make a program to let you edit packages in a GUI-style format, but the thing is that the editoritems file is quite important and can't just be automatically generated. Every item is different, and what you set there can greatly affect how the instances are used. As an example, This folder is the package for the floor and pedestal buttons in clean style.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Hopefully it should be easier with the new system to add an item. I might make a program to let you edit packages in a GUI-style format, but the thing is that the editoritems file is quite important and can't just be automatically generated. Every item is different, and what you set there can greatly affect how the instances are used. As an example, This folder is the package for the floor and pedestal buttons in clean style.

Hmm... Thanks :)

I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here

Don't know if this is the right place but I'm having problems with dual pairs of autoportals.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 ... 802%29.mp4

I want the two pairs of autoportals placed where they are. And still be able to shoot out of my portalgun without affecting them. As you see one of the pairs behave as I'd expect. But the other pair gets malplaced or disappear. Is this solvable?

Autoportals always act weirdly if used with multiple active of the same colour, or when the player can shoot the same-colour portal. The new BEE2.4 items will help fix some of these bugs. I'll probably add a "channel" timer option on the items to explicitly allow having more than one pair of autoportals active at once.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

Oh I'm currently using 2.5 if I'm not mistaken. You recommend me to go back to 2.4?

PreviousPage 59 of 60Next