Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Advanced Techniques

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next
msleeper wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if we can get roller mines working in Portal... ;)

would be a good idea, but i don't know if we could without making a new mod. i know that NPC gunfire has unpredictable effects, don't know about explosions.

Full scale mod here:

portal dodgeball. two teams of test subjects, normal dodge ball rules, companion ball and rollermine for balls.

that would be great, if only portal didnt crash in multiplayer... :cry:

this might be good material to put in the wiki, a general discription of techniques and possible tricks ect... if anyone is bored.

I can wikify like no tomorrow, I just don't have the time or Hammer expertise to generate any content.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I like teh basketball idea.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

How about a button on a wall or ceiling, that you have to get momentum into a cube/sphere before launching it at it?

Or a race against a cube on a conveyor belt, to get to the destination first so you can grab it when it gets there? and if you fail you start again?

Both of which I'm hoping to include in CCC if they're possible.

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

I have been toying with the button on the ceiling idea. ;)

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

how would that even work (button on wall/ceiling)? Don't you have to leave the box on the button? or do you mean more like a target, that gets hit?

this map has a button on the ceiling, no idea who made it though

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/download/36502

EMUGOD wrote:
how would that even work (button on wall/ceiling)? Don't you have to leave the box on the button? or do you mean more like a target, that gets hit?

I think it will work if you don't set the trigger box to close the door or whatever it controls after the box has left the trigger area, perhaps a time limit instead.

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next