Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Advanced Techniques

PreviousPage 4 of 4

there is a trick to get by glass and some other obstacles by shooting a portal next to it, then shooting one on top of the first. the second one then moves on the other side of the glass letting you get past it. here's a screen. i've seen this give some mappers some trouble.
[img]https://webspace.utexas.edu/mfh236/www/shmitzchamber_01_beta_0_1_20001.jpg[/img]

I'm not sure that trick will work when the SDK updates, because the compiler will be smarter about what does and doesn't count as a distinct portal-able area. But, you might still be able to make a map with it in mind.

(I just totally fixed that, by the way ;P)

roger federer wrote:
there is a trick to get by glass and some other obstacles by shooting a portal next to it, then shooting one on top of the first. the second one then moves on the other side of the glass letting you get past it.
Shmitz wrote:
I'm not sure that trick will work when the SDK updates, because the compiler will be smarter about what does and doesn't count as a distinct portal-able area. But, you might still be able to make a map with it in mind.

actually i remember something like this back before anybody was making custom maps. i never understood how it had worked until now, but i think it will indeed work even with the official sdk (and the working non-portable textures).

PreviousPage 4 of 4