Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Advanced Techniques

Page 1 of 4Next

I'm making an "Advanced Techniques" training map, and am looking for ideas. So far i have horizontal to vertical flinging (actually vertical->horizontal_>vertical), and portal tunneling (portal-in-portal).

- changing both portals while in a mid-air flight

like you have to do it on pl_cube_beta3

Box jumping xD

squat flinging. I realized after I finished my latest map, that people have never been told about squat flinging. (It's just squat jumping, but even my brother told me "theres no way out of the first room!" I responded "squat fling" and he rolled his eyes and said "oh yah".)

y-aji wrote:
squat flinging. I realized after I finished my latest map, that people have never been told about squat flinging. (It's just squat jumping, but even my brother told me "theres no way out of the first room!" I responded "squat fling" and he rolled his eyes and said "oh yah".)

care to explain this technique?

youme wrote:
care to explain this technique?

If I understand correctly, it's simply crouching on the final fling in order to get over something such as a wall. Of course it's only "final" if there are multiple flings (ie, a double fling), and then I suppose it wouldn't necessarily have to be the final one.

Baconfeet :: Any original content was a mistake.
segfaultii wrote:
- changing both portals while in a mid-air flight

yeah, in my current map you have to do that anyway to perform the horizontal->vertical leap.

how about an 'unstable' section of wall that breaks and crubles if you hit it after a double fling?

youme wrote:
how about an 'unstable' section of wall that breaks and crubles if you hit it after a double fling?

there is no way to track the amount of flings done, but it is very possible to have triggers around that cause brushes to appear or disappear. i actually had something like this in mind, something like the big section at the end of the second to last test chamber, where you have to keep vertical flinging yourself upwards.

youme wrote:

Im pretty sure they did it in a test chamber in the singleplayer, the advanced 19 i believe. At the end when you go up the platforms they go down after you go out of the portal then back in.

Page 1 of 4Next