2017 Comeback Tour Mapping Competition
The contest is running from Saturday, June 17 through Sunday, July 2 Wednesday, July 5th. You’ve got 16 19 days to map!
Welcome back to ThinkingWithPortals!
This contest is a follow-up to all our fun and successful Mapping Competitions in the past. The purpose of this event is to promote & reward people who are skilled in puzzle design and advanced map-making techniques. We anticipate this competition will be incentive for level designers to bring their A-Game to the Portal 2 community to enjoy. We also hope this encourages newcomers to the content-creation scene using the PTI to challenge themselves to make excellent content with Hammer.
This year to further encourage the creation process. We want to promote you if you stream your creation process. Jump into the TWP Discord Channel #2017_contest and Post a link to your YouTube or Twitch account when you stream. Feel free to also drop a link in the 2017 2017 Contest Streams, where we’ll try to keep an up to date list of accounts who stream their map making.
The Rules are simple.
Hammer made only maps, limited to 1 SP and 1 MP map.
Detailed rules below, don’t try to cheese the rules:
– Must use Hammer to complete entry.
– Maps made with the PTI will not be accepted.
– PTI/BEEMOD instances are allowed, however the level geometry must be designed wholly in hammer.
– Maps exported from the PTI will be disqualified.
– Entries must be fully mapped within the confines of the contest timeline.
– Do not submit entries that you started working on before the contest.
– You may update your entry up until the end of the contest.
– The latest entry to the contest before the end timestamp will be used for judging.
– No plagiarizing
– Puzzle concept and map must be your own original creation.
– Limit 1 Single Player and 1 Co-Op Map for contest.
– There are no restrictions on style of your entry.
– Group made maps will not be accepted, this is a solo competition.
– There will be separate judged categories for prizes.
– Judges may enter maps, but are disqualified from receiving prizes.
– Upload Links to Workshop hosted entries HERE. Do not use this category for raw files, only for workshop links. (We are having trouble with our mirror hosting links at this time)
– Alternatively, you can upload your compiled bsp and supporting files zipped up HERE for singleplayer, and HERE for multiplayer. Include #mappingcontest2017 in your description. (If possible, we suggest you use the workshop hosting.)
We will be awarding physical prizes, and Steam Keys to popular games.
TWP is BACK! Previous contests produced a huge number of amazing maps, and we are sure this contest will be no less! What are you waiting for? Get started!
Update: Check out the winners HERE