Please or Register to create posts and topics.

We are now deleting "playground", fullbright, etc. type maps

PreviousPage 6 of 8Next
Quote:
Hetzchase isn't a playground, it's more of an open-ended puzzle setup with multiple endings. A playground usually consists of everything being there for you.

But already my map's got more than the usual run-of-the-mill palyground (For one some stuff you need to unlock; you don't just get it. Althhough, once it's done I am not sure if I should upload here since she might delete it before she gives it a chance. TBH I wouldn't blame her if she did, since most playground maps DO seem poor, but still. :P)

And yes the map has alot of music; some custom, most ingame files. (yay for the Entertaining Wavelength Stalemate Button :D)

(HN might not have been a pg, but it sure had a lot of fb)

i wouldn't mind a map that SEEMS to start as a playground and LIKE A FRACTAL (yay) unfolds into a quite elaborate maze/puzzle/secret endings/easter eggs/irony extravaganza mmm... it might even be fun to start with fb then something clicks on and one at a time beautiful mood lights come on and the fb goes off... fb is like those emergency fire mercury vapor lights in a movie auditorium... it's so pleasant when they turn off and the halogen lights come on very dimly.

it reminds me of this stand up comedian i can't remember who it was, but he started out in this variety show acting like a first timer who was really doing badly and people started booing, but then he started to become talented and it became obvious eventually that the whole nervous flubber was pulling our legs. that was fun. it would also be fun to have out of the box answers to the questions that the playground presents... if you know what i mean...

--

The cake is a PI

--

Add me on STEAM: iamafractal
I'm up for coop games & beta testing your maps...

--
PieGuy950 wrote:
Who's "she"?

Glados!

the hills are alive... with the sound of music
xdiesp wrote:
PieGuy950 wrote:
Who's "she"?

Glados!

And she will use deadly neurotoxin on those who try to make a playground map here.

A request from everyone who frequents this subforum: It's been brought to our attention that whenever a download is removed for not meeting the requirements stated above, there's a chance the first post of the corresponding thread (not necessarily displayed in the topic list) may switch to one of the staff members. This is due to a bug in the DLDB where a user who edits a file may become the author of the thread. If you see this anywhere, please let us know so we can fix the issue. Thanks!

Now with 100% more inline comments!
WinstonSmith wrote:
A request from everyone who frequents this subforum: It's been brought to our attention that whenever a download is removed for not meeting the requirements stated above, there's a chance the first post of the corresponding thread (not necessarily displayed in the topic list) may switch to one of the staff members. This is due to a bug in the DLDB where a user who edits a file may become the author of the thread. If you see this anywhere, please let us know so we can fix the issue. Thanks!

I saw this once and I wrote nice trolling WS cause I thought you made a playground map as a joke. Lol

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Yeah...ah...turns out that issue's due to the incorrect way that I (and possibly the other mods) was removing downloads. There's another way that doesn't cause the bug to appear so hopefully it won't happen again.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Bump. We've been getting fewer and fewer reports of low quality maps, despite them still getting uploaded occasionally.

Remember - if you see a low quality map uploaded, hit the "Report Download" button! This helps us keep the Download Database full of only the highest quality Portal and Portal 2 content.

We appreciate your assistance!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

:notwant: hmm...thanks for deleting my coop map. I don?t want to be part of this mapping community any more. Please delete also my account here at thinkingiambetterthanother.com. i have invest many time for this map and i think it has the right to exist. i upload this map on a filehost. thanks for nothing.

zuttec wrote:
:notwant: hmm...thanks for deleting my coop map. I don?t want to be part of this mapping community any more. Please delete also my account here at thinkingiambetterthanother.com. i have invest many time for this map and i think it has the right to exist. i upload this map on a filehost. thanks for nothing.

If you would have read the rules for uploading maps you would have known about it. You're right, your map has the rights to exist, but we simply don't want 500 sandbox maps uploaded here because it doesn't add anything to the community. If you've played one sandbox map you've played them all. There are plenty of other ways to share your sandbox maps and they might want your map, we don't...

Never use Logic to solve a puzzle, he's an idiot...
zuttec wrote:

msleeper wrote:
In an effort to help keep high-quality maps a mainstay of the ThinkingWithPortals.com community, myself and the staff will begin removing "Released" maps from the Download Database that do not meet absolute minimum standards. These include, but are not limited to:

- Maps with no lighting (fullbright maps)
- "Playground" or sandbox type maps (assuming they are of general poor quality on their own, see above)
- Maps with no goal, puzzle or objective

Should have read the rules tbh.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
PreviousPage 6 of 8Next