Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Thinking With Portals Returns

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next

oh wow blast from the past

"Duct Tape is the answer."

Didn't think the forum would ever come back. Really glad to see it up and running again, and can't wait to see what direction it's taken in!

Check out Facade, a super-easy puzzle created by me and RedSilencer.

Man, feels really great to see the forum working again. Thank you so much msleeper. I realize that it is a serious time and money investment, and often stuff like this is forgotten by the people using the free service. You played that down a bit in your news post, but it is so, so valuable to have a person doing the constant website/server maintenance, troubleshooting, moderation, etc, which naturally arises. It is essential to the project, but by its nature often goes unnoticed to the user. When the site went offline, I was quite sad. Often times, during the last two years, I tried to find ot what happened. But I figured, you'd have lost interest and motivation and moved on. So I'm especially rejoyced to find out that the opposite is the case. Thanks :thumbup:
The best thing of the site for me weren't the downloadable quality maps, but the inside exchange and expert knowledge and solutions preserved in the thousands of topics. I remember that I once spent several days looking for the solution of a particularly strange condition that only I seemed to have. After I finally found the solution, I posted it here. If I pick up mapping again, I'll have the problem again, but I don't remember the solution. So I'm really glad this forum is back up.
As for myself, I am 22 right now and I'm deep into university stuff. But now I REALLY want to pick up my mappack again. And it will be done. Will. Be. Done. Everyone in my friends and family circle keeps nagging me about it, too. :-?

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information

Wow, I was definitely not expecting this site to return. This really was a great community full of talented mappers, and a place where you could come to get help and feedback in a way that just didn't exist on the Workshop. Now that it's back, I hope it can continue to be that community again.

I decided to just make a new account since I haven't used my original account's name on my Steam in years. Anyways, I look forward to mapping again and seeing everyone else's creations!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

This is awesome, so much fun to see all of you still around :D

Dafflewoctor wrote:
I decided to just make a new account since I haven't used my original account's name on my Steam in years. Anyways, I look forward to mapping again and seeing everyone else's creations!

You know, if you asked, I could change your old account's username...

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
You know, if you asked, I could change your old account's username...

That would be appreciated, thanks. I just didn't think of it since the option isn't available in the account settings. Could you change my name to "Dafflewoctor"? You can just delete the other account if necessary.

Sure, done. You'll probably need to clear your browser cookies/cache before you can login again though.

Seems that the activation email and registration page hasn't been updated :)

I think this website will need new material advertisements so that everyone on the workshop knows that this place has been brought back from the grave

Just when I think I understand the system, it changes on me.
PreviousPage 6 of 7Next