Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Great Portal 2 Speculation Thread

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next
p0rtalplayer wrote:
First off unless the Borealis contains something equivalent to what the Nuke was in WWII, it's not going to help the rebels beat the combine at all. It might be a good boost towards that goal but I can't see the whole world being liberated in a single game.

From the ominous mentions of it in Ep2, I wouldn't be surprised if it contained a nuke (or something to that effect), and I don't think they're going to end the whole storyline in Ep3, maybe just the Episodic titles and move on to HL3

p0rtalplayer wrote:
Second, I've read some theories that make a lot of sense, specifically one that muses that the G-man is actually trying to use Earth in order to end the combine reign elsewhere in the Universe. This makes sense to me, and if it is close to true, then episode 3 COULD NOT satisfactorily be the end of the combine arc.

I LOVE THAT IDEA! :notworthy: If VALvE doesn't use it, they definitely should. Ep3 would have to be one HELL of a long game to wrap up the entire half-life storyline.

p0rtalplayer wrote:
Third, half life is Valve's biggest franchise, and Gordon Freeman is half life's biggest character. They can't just get rid of him for their big Half Life game.

Half-life has gotten too massive for them to just throw it away in one game, and even if they did end it, we might see a crossover in another game (where Gordon TALKS :?: )

Back to Portal 2
We're all sad that there isn't any cake (delicious, moist or otherwise) in Portal 2, but Valve have said in multiple interviews that they are sick of cake jokes. And besides, if Portal 2 has cake, then what would we remember Portal 1 for?

Seeing the Logic?

Did you know that American English isn't even my first language? It's actually [spoiler]British English[/spoiler]
Released maps of note:
[spoiler]Versatile Diversity
L-Circuts[/spoiler]
p0rtalplayer wrote:
As for the companion cube, it's been spotted 3 or 4 times in various portal 2 previews, or at least we think it has (could there be other pink cubes?), but whether this is Valve teasing or will legitimately be there in the final game is beyond me.

I'm not sure if I seen one or not, but is one of them shown after GLaDOS says "..How have you been?" And there, it shows a long hallway or some sort. The companion cube is stuck in a wall on the right? :?

That was in a very early trailer, and if you look in the official released version, it's not there. It was an easter egg, and has been stated point blank by Erik Wolpaw, the Companion Cube will not be returning in Portal 2.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Like I said, what would make Portal 1 so special if Portal 2 has everything from it (including WCC and Cake?)

Seeing the Logic?

Did you know that American English isn't even my first language? It's actually [spoiler]British English[/spoiler]
Released maps of note:
[spoiler]Versatile Diversity
L-Circuts[/spoiler]

my Crackpot Theory

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Sounds more like a cheesy science fiction movie than a video game plot...no offense...

And besides...is this not a portal 2 speculation thread? :)

I speculate that there will be fire at some point in the game. Lots of fire.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

The "all-knowing Vortigaunt" was just an easter egg, nothing more. He gives you some half truth insight into the Gman and the driving force behind him and the Vortigaunts, but that's it. Valve might have been tapping on the fourth wall a little, but your idea makes it seem like they are trying to bust through it like the Kool-aid Man.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Anyone up for watching the Matrix later?

msleeper wrote:
alve might have been tapping on the fourth wall a little, but your idea makes it seem like they are trying to bust through it like the Kool-aid Man.

I'd like you to know the image this put in my head made laugh for about thirty seconds straight.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Anyone has noticed that L4D's spitter's acid looks very similar to that of the gells in Portal 2 when they splat?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6308/c ... op0001.jpg [Can't be bothered to resize it]

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
PreviousPage 6 of 7Next