Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Enceladus Initiative [MAPPACK/MOD]

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next

Hey guys, more info about the first release and the status of the maps it will contain, in the case you aren't tracking the mod/mappack:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-enceladus-initiative/news/first-release-content

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Hey, I only just now noticed that you made a thread for this project in here. I should stop not watching the single player / coop forum :)

As I said earlier, your custom style looks fantastic! I'm very curious how it plays, especially since you mentioned that it requires some flinging skills, and some of the rooms look pretty complex. So I imagine that it will be quite challenging!

Btw if you need more beta testers, I'm happy to return the favour ;)

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
HMW wrote:
As I said earlier, your custom style looks fantastic! I'm very curious how it plays, especially since you mentioned that it requires some flinging skills, and some of the rooms look pretty complex. So I imagine that it will be quite challenging!

Thank you so much HMW. It's nice to hear that my custom style likes these many people in the forum indeed. But of course, coming from you, the mapper that I consider the one with the best personal style ever, is so cheering!

Regarding challenge, I'm trying hard to make it funny and creative at the same time, puzzlewise. I must admit that the last 2 maps are difficult, but I can't say that everyone will like them though. I think the rest will be ok for many ppl... Let's hope so!

About beta-testing, thanks a lot my friend! I'll take you up on it soon! :thumbup:

Hey guys! This is to share some images of the map n? 4 in which I've been working on this past weekend. As the main chamber is so open space, it's difficult to optimize and I've been delimiting it or dividing it in different sub-areas in order to reduce the bit of lag I had, so it's currently only 85% or so finished. Still some fine lighting pending plus indicatoring.

I hope that you like them. Any comments/suggestions would be nice! Thanks!

I also updated some of the images in page 1 of this thread.

Cool looking maps. Too bad there's no such thing as Portal 2 mods.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
Cool looking maps.

Thanks msleeper! I'm so glad you like them... I would REALLY like you to test them when released in order to get your opinion about the maps.

msleeper wrote:
Too bad there's no such thing as Portal 2 mods.

What do you exactly mean by that? I have already implemented the game menu, have my finished maps into the mod folder running perfectly, have included the pictures for each map in the menu, loading screens, and such... Portal2 mods do exist... Or are you saying again that about "no mod gets finally released"?

I mean that adding some maps and editing some plain text scripts does not make it a "mod".

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Well, that's true, overall in my case, as this is my first mapping project ever. I never ever mapped for any game, so I'm still learning. I haven't even modified models and such, or made any new one... Maybe for the second installment I can introduce some really custom stuff that make this a real mod-ification of the game...

Or! You could just stick to calling it what it is - a map pack.

Yes... or maybe a single player mini campaign... To be frank, I don't really care about what would this be... All I expect is that ppl in the forum like the puzzles and don't find them too difficult.

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next