Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Summer Mapping Initiative - Contest Winners

PreviousPage 5 of 7Next

Congrats to the winners, and thanks especially to the judges for going through these maps for us!

I'll be honest: I didn't want to sort through 240 maps to find the best 50, and so I'm very excited to try a lot of those great maps I have missed as soon as the rating are posted or map packs ready.

Portal 2 Engineer - A map designed to make you think.
msleeper wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:
It would have been great to see a coop map come in the top 5, but the SP maps were fantastic! Great work everyone!

I'm gonna make a thread about this at some point soon. I really wish there was more Coop maps overall. We only had like 25% of entries be Coop.

I think that's because its much harder to think off a puzzle from 2 different perspectives AND it's alot more work offcourse. AND having to test a coop map by yourself all the time is a pain in the ass... especially if you want to test portal jumping that requires timing from both players... In those cases you are dependent of a buddy tester :(

All the above are reasons why i chose to build a SP chamber instead of COOP...

.:: [SP] Lost in Testing :: #1 :: #2 :: #3 :: #4 ::.

CG to all authors of best maps and thank you for mapping to all mappers. Looks like I have many maps to play in front of me :lol:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Congrats to winners and everyone else for their work! An amazing event with an outstanding torrent of creativity.

If it took 140 hours to judge these, imagine how much collective time everyone put into actually crafting all 240 maps.

:omg:

The Summer Mapping Initative was a great event to give some life into Portal 2. In just a month a lot of great maps were done. Congrats to the winners, and I mean not just the first 2 or 10. I think there are more than 10 great maps and every of this map has its own charm.

But no matter who won with what map, the biggest winner of this contest was the wohle Portal 2 player community.

Awesome job guys, some really amazing stuff. And I know of the 100 or so maps I tried so far, there are several more not in the top 8 that definitely belong in the top tier. Looking forward to the full list!

Will there be a contest next year?

Not in cruelty
Not in wrath
The REAPER came today
An angle visited this grey path
And took the cube away

Grats to the Winners. This was a great Contest. Thanks to Conteststuff and all the Mappers. I saw great Maps, great new Ideas and brilliant new Puzzles (also with new Elements). It was a lot of fun to play these Maps and read and write all the Feedback. I think we all had much fun, learned something and push a great Portal 2 Mapping Community.

I'm glad that I haven't volunteered for testing, so I havent got "Portal 2 overflow" barinerror (yet) :lol:

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-

You guys might have to impose map entry limits next time. I assume this may not be popular idea, but it will give the judges a break.

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
PreviousPage 5 of 7Next