Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Wrecked

PreviousPage 2 of 9Next
marKiu wrote:
@sicklebrick
I had to smile at 9 min... Took me some time aswell to notice that I can simply walk back through the portal :)

Don't even have to check to know which embarassing bit you mean >.<

Wow, this is a really creative and difficult map, for me anyway. I looked at the reviews and was somewhat relieved to see I wasn't the only person to spend about 30 mins or more on the test chamber. :p Anyway this is perhaps one of the best maps this site has to offer and has instantly become one of my favorites. I love the way this map progresses as the player progresses through it. Each area seemed to get more and more difficult which is what I like to see. The only bug I spotted during my run of the map was the one where

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
but that one was already mentioned and wasn't game breaking so that one isn't that much of a problem.

I'd have to say my favorite bit was when

Spoiler

Good luck with your future maps! May they be as creative as this one. :)

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Here's my solution. This is how I solved it on my first run.

Part1
YTrHqvn6US4

Part2
w0UqUB2_yZs

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

Awesome... same map with extra bits to it ^^
It was all really nicely balanced, and varied; I enjoyed it as much as the hub area.

Spoiler

Here's my solution.

KKGZ-u38_eA

The first time I recorded, the button behind the fizzler was missing, but I'm guessing that had something to do with replacing the map without closing portal... no biggie, extra practice :)
A few bits are clearly unintentional, but it doesn't look like any real map breakers this time!

marKiu wrote:
Here's my solution. This is how I solved it on my first run.

Spoiler

Hahah, around 1 min 10 it looks like you're beating up that last turret for the sake of it >.<

sicklebrick wrote:
Hahah, around 1 min 10 it looks like you're beating up that last turret for the sake of it >.<

This one makes really weird noises. :D I saw your solution and now I know how to get the cube to the top in the funnel room... My solution felt so intended because of the timing :O

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-
marKiu wrote:
sicklebrick wrote:

This one makes really weird noises. :D I saw your solution and now I know how to get the cube to the top in the funnel room... My solution felt so intended because of the timing :O

Hah, yeah, I was surprised how well the timing worked :D Looks like we both got half the solution to that one :p

Thanks for the comments RubyCarbuncIe! I'm glad you enjoyed it and had the experience I had in mind when creating the map!

Spoiler

P.S What button specifically dissapeared and made you restart the map Sicklebrick? Out of interest

Wow, what a big one. The size of the file should have told me, but I was really surprised. I didn't pay attention to the time, but it must have been close to or more than an hour. Anyone who starts this should be prepared not to play another sp map in between to not to lose any quicksaves.

The look is really amazing. The map name says it all - everything is just wrecked. Broken catwalks, broken glass, muddy water, broken doors etc., very good use of all of these!

The puzzles are pretty tough, solving them meant very good satisfaction! There were a few things that annoyed me though (wall of text behind the spoiler):

Spoiler

But all in all, you did a great job, especially for a first try. I'd say 4/5 because of the small problems I had with it.

Motig wrote:
P.S What button specifically dissapeared and made you restart the map Sicklebrick? Out of interest

Heh.. we were close enough :p

It was the button that you moved (mah cheat button!). I think it's probably to do with me replacing v1.0 with v1.1 while the map was actually loaded. I guess there was some sort of caching error?
I checked a few times after, and it didn't make any sense.. the button has no inputs etc.
Hell I probably had sv_cheats on and hit a dodgy binding, 'cause it was there before I got through parts 2 & 3. Wouldn't worry about it :)

PreviousPage 2 of 9Next