Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Wrecked

Page 1 of 9Next

SP_Wrecked is a fairly long singleplayer map using the destroyed Aperture theme.

This is the first map I've actually finished and I'm glad to finally be posting it here! It's a somewhat circular map and requires the player to look around and explore in order to complete the map and figure out what to do. You may find that some puzzles can't be solved until later.

The map does not use any twitch mechanics nor does it require extreme ninja timing. If you think you solved a puzzle in a way you're not supposed to I'd love to hear how!

I hope you'll enjoy playing it and I'm looking forward to any feedback!

A screenshot of the main area of the map: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54179 ... F6EA7EFCB/

Solution video if you're stuck (some things can be solved differently/easier if you look at some videos in the thread but these are my intended solutions):

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Changelog:

1.1 Uploaded new version that fixes sicklebrick's "cheat" allowing you to skip half the map.

- New version that removes some stuck spots and added fizzlers at spots so you can't lose your cube permanently.

- Fixed unintended solution at the turrets.

1.3 Had to reupload twice, site kept serving an old file for some reason.

1.4 Fixed exploit found by "Jacu" that allowed you to skip a puzzle completely.

1.5 Fixed a few more exploits and looking into making a few more things more clear.

1.6 Made the ventilator easier to use, you can now throw a cube at it. Added a broken window at the little side-hall at the start.

1.7 Made some surfaces unportable and changed a catapult in tube room to remove a shortcut.

1.8 Filename bug

Click here to download [SP] Wrecked

This looks Amazing!!!

A lot better than my first map you must have spent a long time on this i think this looks really really cool and i like your confidence that there are no unwatned soultuions I WILL FIND ONE!!

whats ur name on steam??

Im stuck already at the first part

Haha, that was brilliant, thanks!

Visually, it's great, with lots of interesting parts, the sounds and music give a nice sense of vastness (even though it's essientially one large section), the puzzles are well thought out with interesting mechanics and there's plenty room to have a play about and feel a bit ninja ^^
I especially like the way it feels like parts of the puzzle are blocked off.. but you're not gonna know which are real doors etc, untill you've finished it. It's not super difficult in the logical sense, but it's pretty cool piecing the bits and pieces together in your head.

The only bit I really struggled with was getting into the exit door. If you watch the recording and note the part where I'm playing around on the downward facing bridge and faith plate, you can see why i thought the plate sent you straight up vertically... but that's my own stupid fault :)
(That and my framerate sucks with fraps)

I'd probably pay for a pack of maps like these :p

Blindrun inc, final recording was 20ish GB.. could take an hour or so to compress and upload :)

I did spent quite some time on it dredinie :) It's a learning process! I've learned a lot about what to do and not to do if I make another map. Cheers! There is actually one unwanted solution to a puzzle that I know of but I can't fix that since it's due to the design of one of the puzzles. I do hope there aren't many others!

@sicklebrick

Awesome, glad you liked it! I'm looking forward to your video! My goal with the map was to kind of make it so you don't really know where the next room will take you. Sort of a mini trip through aperture. I'm very interested to see how you solved it and whether you've managed to do stuff you're not supposed to!

My biggest fear is probably that you somehow managed to completely skip a part!

Motig wrote:
My biggest fear is probably that you somehow managed to completely skip a part!

Heh, one or two bits did feel a bit cheaty... like running along the window ledge, but to be honest it saved me restarting the map, and serves me right for not paying attention.

V1.0 blindrun, no longer applicable.

Spoiler

Spoiler

So yeah you skipped about 50% of the map. I will reupload a new version that fixes what you did! :P

>.<

I was messing about re-playing and noclipped to take a look at the 'scenery'.. I suddenly realised that it wasn't scenery and felt pretty bad... Especially 'cause I like the map so much!

Looking forward to playing it as intended, gimme a shout if you want me to take the vid down :)

You could leave the video up I guess, maybe add a note that it's not intended. Or you could just remove it. I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the map as much as you did the first half! :P At least you know how to solve the end now!

I've uploaded a new version now. (It's still being processed)

P.S I approve of your way to get past the turrets.

Wow very nice one dude! This is one of my new favorites :)
It took me about 1h30 to finish. Sadly I haven't recorded a blindrun but I'll upload my solution soon.
I had some trouble in the beginning because there were so many things and I didn't know where to start.

For a first map this is absolutely brilliant and the desing is very nice. Everything fits well together and I never had a feeling doing something unintended or uberninja like. I think this is a must play for every average portal2 player. Very well done.

I found some little bugs.

Spoiler

I'll record my solution now. It will be uploaded in an hour.

@sicklebrick
I had to smile at 9 min... Took me some time aswell to notice that I can simply walk back through the portal :)

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

Awesome to hear marKiu! I'm also very happy to see you did end up in the other puzzle rooms haha! I too kind of laughed when I saw sicklebrick messing about in the little cube dropper room. Thanks for the kind words. I'll have a look at fixing the bugs you listed tommorow, thanks for the pictures!

*Edit: I can imagine it is bit confusing at the start but I always felt that when you finally do complete the map it all makes sense.

Page 1 of 9Next